News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

POSTING PICS AND UPDATES THE RESTORATION AS IT UNFOLDS ON MY 69 DAYTONA CLONE

Started by kevs1969daytona, September 02, 2017, 03:12:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Makingdreamsreality

Quote from: kevs1969daytona on January 15, 2019, 06:51:23 PM
Quote from: Daytona R/T SE on January 15, 2019, 04:33:56 PM
You should consider removing the reinforcement ribs on the front underside of the hood.

Daytona hoods didn't have them, and they can cause a clearance issue when you close the hood.

:Twocents:
Its a thing that's called pre fitting to make sure that all panels clear.  Good thing I have built a few cars in my day!!!

Cheers will check

A383Wing

probably should have removed those ribs before all that shiny paint was applied.....nothing like doing a job twice

Makingdreamsreality

Quote from: A383Wing on January 15, 2019, 07:52:21 PM
probably should have removed those ribs before all that shiny paint was applied.....nothing like doing a job twice

Do you guys not know what PRE ASSEMBLING  and PRE FITTING is!  Only a complete idiot would go as far as I have gone without pre hitting ALL panels to make sure that every panel fits and lines up the way they should.  As I said before not my first restoration!!!! 

held1823

Quote from: Makingdreamsreality on January 15, 2019, 08:14:54 PM

Do you guys not know what PRE ASSEMBLING  and PRE FITTING is!  Only a complete idiot would go as far as I have gone without pre hitting ALL panels to make sure that every panel fits and lines up the way they should.  As I said before not my first restoration!!!! 

do YOU know that the comments are to help make the car as accurate as possible? stop taking every comment as a dig against you.
the people here are the experts on these cars, and are offering free advice
Ernie Helderbrand
XX29L9B409053

Daytona R/T SE

Quote from: held1823 on January 15, 2019, 08:37:54 PM

do YOU know that the comments are to help make the car as accurate as possible? stop taking every comment as a dig against you.

Exactly.

Makingdreamsreality

Quote from: Daytona R/T SE on January 15, 2019, 08:42:52 PM
Quote from: held1823 on January 15, 2019, 08:37:54 PM

That maybe so but one can't help but think it is criticism as to when the comments are made being this far along in the project.  With myself knowing that panels fit as they should with all aftermarket components in place.  So if there are support ribs to be cut out then also why does no one post pictures of this rather than just making comments if they are experts on these cars.

Exactly.

held1823

Quote from: Makingdreamsreality on January 15, 2019, 08:56:22 PM

That maybe so but one can't help but think it is criticism as to when the comments are made being this far along in the project.  With myself knowing that panels fit as they should with all aftermarket components in place.  So if there are support ribs to be cut out then also why does no one post pictures of this rather than just making comments if they are experts on these cars.

i can't speak for others, but i think your work is very nice. i'm possibly the most anti-clone member here, but that doesn't take anything away from the craftsmanship involved in building one, and this will be a beautiful car when finished. the one thing i would have done differently, be it as the owner or the restorer, would have been to looked at original cars beforehand. 99% (or more) of the population would never have a clue about the hood differences, so don't sweat it. i get your take on the comments, but i still think you are missing the intent of most of them

Ernie Helderbrand
XX29L9B409053

70 sublime

Good luck Kev on the rest of your build
Think I will keep any more thoughts to myself
next project 70 Charger FJ5 green

XS29L9B2

dodge charger 440 R/T match
dodge charger 70 projet daytona

kevs1969daytona

I don't mind comments as a matter of fact a lot of them have helped me and Sean with this project.  even some of them have actually change my mind along the way.  Thanks everyone  :2thumbs:

XS29L9B2

Quote from: kevs1969daytona on January 16, 2019, 06:57:47 AM
I don't mind comments as a matter of fact a lot of them have help me and Sean with this project.  even some of them have actually change my mind along the way.  Thanks everyone  :2thumbs:

who is this guy? IT S A BIG CLOWN?

kevs1969daytona

Quote from: XS29L9B2 on January 16, 2019, 08:09:19 AM
I don't mind comments as a matter of fact a lot of them have help me and Sean with this project.  even some of them have actually change my mind along the way.  Thanks everyone  :2thumbs:

Its me, the owner I think that may have not come out right in the French to English translation.

Lighthorseman

I don't mind comments as a matter of fact a lot of them have helped me and Sean with this project.  even some of them have actually change my mind along the way.  Thanks everyone  :2thumbs:

Je nais aucun probleme avec les commentaires.  Actuellement, plusieurs des ceux ont aides Sean et moi avec ce projet.  Quelques-un ont memes change mes idees pendant ce projet.  Merci a tou le monde!  :2thumbs:

Je ne sais pas comment mettre un accent aigu sur mon clavier.

XS29L9B2

Quote from: kevs1969daytona on January 16, 2019, 09:05:56 AM
Quote from: XS29L9B2 on January 16, 2019, 08:09:19 AM
I don't mind comments as a matter of fact a lot of them have help me and Sean with this project.  even some of them have actually change my mind along the way.  Thanks everyone  :2thumbs:

Its me, the owner I think that may have not come out right in the French to English translation.

Who is makeadream ?  This guy ;-)

XS29L9B2

XS29L9B2

kevs1969daytona

The plastic cover has been taken off, wing is painted, think now it's time to put it back together.  I have either polished the chrome to look like new, or got new trim pieces.  Getting really excited the end of the build is coming close to being finished.  

XS29L9B2

kevs1969daytona

Dropped off the chrome and carpet, took some pics, coming along.  Sean thinking should be done by the end off the month.  

kevs1969daytona

Went by shop put all windows and windshield in, still needs lots of work but getting really close to the end.

DonC1

Stevetona