News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

POSTING PICS AND UPDATES THE RESTORATION AS IT UNFOLDS ON MY 69 DAYTONA CLONE

Started by kevs1969daytona, September 02, 2017, 03:12:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

70 sublime

next project 70 Charger FJ5 green

kevs1969daytona

kevs1969daytona

painted the drums Red and put wheels back on, started working on carpet and interior.  Can't for the life of me find the chrome inserts that separate the door inserts nothing offered by classic industries or year one.  as per last pic.

kevs1969daytona

More progress, all the carpet is in, seats are in, some more chrome is on.  Filled the engine up with fluids, just waiting for the drive shaft to come back (wrong u-joint in the yoke).  The shifter is having some issues with the tremec, hitting the dash, easy fix with some fabrication (one in pic is not the one that angles out towards the driver which I have but is having the issues).  Needs some polishing still and minor door and trunk adjustment, get the new steering wheel in, but overall I am very very happy. Next week we are getting the hood and nose cone on and replacing the stripe it's a little off to far back. Should be out of Sean's shop by the end of the month.

DAY CLONA

I know your not going to like it, but you should consider having the shop re-shoot that wing for a better color match, and get that decal replaced/installed properly, otherwise it's going to bug the hell out of you every time you look at it ... it's the focal point of the car

kevs1969daytona

Quote from: DAY CLONA on February 15, 2019, 11:43:17 PM
I know your not going to like it, but you should consider having the shop re-shoot that wing for a better color match, and get that decal replaced/installed properly, otherwise it's going to bug the hell out of you every time you look at it ... it's the focal point of the car

Yes it's being done, once the new stripe arrives in the next few days. Just a hick up Sean will take care of it.

alfaitalia

yes.....I did not like to say because its generally a great built.....but it was the first thing that stood out to me. Especially where the wing overhangs the stripe. I could not live with that......but that's just me!

EDIT....beaten to it by a faster typer!! Glad you are getting it sorted....Wing going to be sprayed too??
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you !!

kevs1969daytona

Yes the wing is being repainted to match the stripe. Sean is working on the car full time all long weekend here in Canada. Ordered new stripe 4 days ago, left Florida Wednesday. 

XS29L9B2

dodge charger 440 R/T match
dodge charger 70 projet daytona

kevs1969daytona

Windows in and hood is on and found a set of chrome accents for the door, was only $100.  One of the Edmonton Mopar Association guys had an original set, just need to polish.  Only $100 think that was a great deal since they don't sell reproduction ones.

DAY CLONA

After you've sorted the car out and recouped some funds, you might want to change out those A pillar stainless deflectors for some better fitting/detailed repros on the market, you'll need to remove the front A pillar/windshield stock stainless and small corner piece that's currently wedged under your A pillar molding for a proper fit on the newer pieces  :Twocents:

kevs1969daytona

So that #3 piece should be off for a Daytona ? Ya looking at it, it sticks up.  Thanks

P.S. that deflector is just sitting there we were scratching are heads why it did not sit right.

DAY CLONA

Quote from: kevs1969daytona on February 19, 2019, 01:24:23 AM
So that #3 piece should be off for a Daytona ? Ya looking at it, it sticks up.  Thanks

P.S. that deflector is just sitting there we were scratching are heads why it did not sit right.

All 3 pcs need to come off if your fitting a proper set of original or repro A pillar stainless "wind wings"

kevs1969daytona

Well the car will be home on Wednesday (Sean in moving out of the shop on Thursday getting a flat deck).  Very happy with the paint quality it's like a mirror zero orange peel where it been polished so far.  Having issues getting fuel up to the carb wont start.  But sure its an easy fix, just fix the stripe, nose cone on, and some more polishing of the car and she will be done.  I noticed the trunk seals are really thick makes the trunk stick up a bit, Sean say after a while they will settle and loosen up.

triple_green

I love this build, I'm saving my money in case you ever tire of it :)

3X
68 Charger 383 HP grandma car (the orignal 3X)

Lighthorseman

Now it's just a simple case of a three-month wait for the snow to melt!  :icon_smile_blackeye:

kevs1969daytona

So after 18 months since I purchased the car, it's home, I thank everyone on this site for advise and directions.  Sean closes his shop tomorrow, but without him this car would have not been done.  I am not a millionaire but without him I would have run out of money along time ago.  In the spring I will get exhaust, headliner, and a few minor imperfections corrected.  Thanks again everyone Cheers  :2thumbs:

P.S. heres a youtube of the car being loaded to come if interested.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ADmHrlD48Lk

moparstuart

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

70Sbird

Scott Faulkner

triple_green

sorry I cant remember...is this a stock suspension or some upgrades?

:2thumbs:
68 Charger 383 HP grandma car (the orignal 3X)