News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

POSTING PICS AND UPDATES THE RESTORATION AS IT UNFOLDS ON MY 69 DAYTONA CLONE

Started by kevs1969daytona, September 02, 2017, 03:12:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WINGIN IT

Looks pretty close .
Uh Oh, you got bubbles in your 'O'  :rotz: :icon_smile_big:

Just messin with you, car looks great  ;)

kevs1969daytona

Quote from: WINGIN IT on May 23, 2020, 12:59:40 PM
Looks pretty close .
Uh Oh, you got bubbles in your 'O'  :rotz: :icon_smile_big:

Just messin with you, car looks great  ;)

Ok off to the junk yard for it. LOL

kevs1969daytona

Change the tires out today had 235/60/15 on front and 275/60/15 on back (huggers) changed out for 295/50/15 BFG's in back and 235/60/15 in front.  Wheels are magnum 500's 15x7 in front and 15x8 in back, fits perfect.

kevs1969daytona

more pics tires don not rub in back..

kevs1969daytona

triple_green

68 Charger 383 HP grandma car (the orignal 3X)

kevs1969daytona

Ya I am very happy with the look, I don't like the 15x10 rims, they just don't look right IMO.

kevs1969daytona

Got my reverse lights to work, it was a pain in the a**, but looks good.

kevs1969daytona

Working on my seat belts, they were turning Blue over the years, they are actually 1968 but are the same as a 69 as far as I know.   We purchased some "acid dye" and my wife cooked the belts over the stove at 180 degrees. Great results.

kevs1969daytona

Dyed belts look new.  The elastic was broken but while try to repair after a trip to the local craft store.

kevs1969daytona

Well it's been a little while, just took the battery out of the car. Kinda sad but it's Canada after all started snowing I hate snow.   It's been a great year the car has not let me down once (no tow trucks).  Anyways just let everyone know who wants to make a clone.  If you can wait till the end it's absolutely worth it.  Been to a few Mopar shows and the crowds flock to my car, it like driving a Lamborghini down the road in the 1980's people loss their Sh**.  I have had 69 z28's, 70 R/T Chargers, Grand Nationals, 70 R/T Challengers, multiple vettes all convertibles, but a Daytona even if a clone people loose thier sh**.

70 sublime

Car looks great

Now what are you going to do with all your free time till spring ?  ;D
next project 70 Charger FJ5 green

kevs1969daytona

Not too sure but, the 18 months it took to build the car took up a lot of my time, including financially (my wife is very happy it's over) and it was somewhat stressful at times, but well worth it in the end.  Now I need another project thinking of a Grand National believe it or not. 

DonC1

triple_green

68 Charger 383 HP grandma car (the orignal 3X)

erndog

the Janak parts when correctly installed work very well, no flexing no breakage

erndog

beautiful car for sure i built 1 very much like it

kevs1969daytona

Picked this authentic 1969 Alberta plate at an auction for $50 ($35 usa) in great shape in Alberta you can association these old plate with the one your driving and use it on the road. 

70 sublime

Did you only get one plate or two ?

I just picked up a pair of Ontario 1969 plates myself and they are in the mail as we speak  :2thumbs:
next project 70 Charger FJ5 green

kevs1969daytona

Just one since you only need one in 2020, there's another man cave auction going through think I might get number 8008 chryco shelving think would look cool in my garage. Its a couple of block from my place of work. asking $17.50
https://bidlive.kauctions.ca/KASTNER-AUCTIONS-SPECIALTY-AUCTION_as69376?ps=100

aerolith

Totally Awesome Kev!

Huge 'pat on the back' to you!!! :2thumbs:

YOU NAILED IT... :drive: :notworthy:

I remember posting on your thread over three years ago, when you were :shruggy: having engine probs!

I'm still looking for some standard bore 413 pistons lol...
Never send to know, for whom the bell tolls,
IT TOLLS FOR THEE...

John Donne 1623

hemi68charger

Kev, your Daytona looks awesome.... Really like that dye exercise you did for the seat belts...  :2thumbs:
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

kevs1969daytona

Ok been awhile but, the project is 99% done, been driving it alot, has not let me down, went to a car show in Edmonton, did not stay long, couple of older guy lost there poo, I get it. car get more looks than any Lambo, Enzo in my opinion. Also modified a automatic console to become a 4 speed looks pretty good save $700 canadian.