News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

One more thing to choose. Which Carb?

Started by pipeliner, September 02, 2017, 03:14:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NHCharger

I'm running a Proform in my 68 with a built 440. Took a bit to dial in but a nice unit.
72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone- current moneypit
79 Lil Red Express - future moneypit
88 Ramcharger 4x4-moneypit in waiting
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel

pipeliner

Thanks for the reply. Me and you must me the only people running carbs.

NHCharger

Haha. Labor Day weekend. Board traffic can be slow. Ron/Firefighter3931 recommended the carb. I had some issues dialing it in because of my engine build, the factory tech support wasn't that great but Ron really took the time to help.
72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone- current moneypit
79 Lil Red Express - future moneypit
88 Ramcharger 4x4-moneypit in waiting
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel

Brightyellow69rtse

i run a 750 proform race series and i agree it took a little playing with to get it right but its a nice carb. you dont need a choke dont believe people that say you do.

pipeliner

Quote from: Brightyellow69rtse on September 07, 2017, 09:42:10 PM
i run a 750 proform race series and i agree it took a little playing with to get it right but its a nice carb. you dont need a choke dont believe people that say you do.
Just figured I need a choke for cold morning starts

c00nhunterjoe

Either one will work. Plenty of tunability. I run no choke either. Fires right up with a .750 solid roller cam.

pipeliner

Ok thanks! I just bought a 850 Proform race series and I sent it straight to Thumperdart. He advised against the choke also but left it up to me. So no choke it is.

Back N Black

I have the same carb and about 2000 miles on it now and I love it!!!