News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

What wheels for spoke hubcaps?

Started by 74magnum, September 03, 2017, 10:00:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

74magnum

So what is the right wheel with the 14" spoke hubcaps for a 74 charger? I was told 14x6. Where can I track down a set? What's the right number/s for the wheels? Thanks.

Gold Rush

Yes, 14 X 6 is correct.  Sorry I can't help you with part numbers or source.  I've been told the same wheel was used on '73 through '76 model years.  Good luck finding a useable set.  I've been looking for months!  I think I have called every salvage yard withing 200 miles of me.  The ones on eBay I've seen were JUNK!!
24 years USAF, 25 years consumer electronics repair technician.  Now I ride a Honda Goldwing trike and wrench my latest project.  Children and Grandchildren are gown so I have to find other places to spend my time and money!

74magnum

Was the spare tire wheel and the other 4 wheels on the car the exact same wheel? Hope that makes sense. Thanks.

Gold Rush

24 years USAF, 25 years consumer electronics repair technician.  Now I ride a Honda Goldwing trike and wrench my latest project.  Children and Grandchildren are gown so I have to find other places to spend my time and money!

74magnum

My spare says Kelsey Canada 14 x 4*5 JJ... but a different one says USA 14x6JJ... if they're supposed to be the same shouldn't my spare be a 6 not a 4.5?

Mine...

One I'm looking to buy...

Gold Rush

Actually, I miss spoke on my previous post.  I happen to be looking at the broadcast sheet yesterday and the Road wheels code is 65 while the spare is 60 on my '74 SE.   My spare is indeed a 14" X 6" JJ code wheel.

74magnum

Well I need 4 of your spare wheels then. Lol.

moparfan53

Quote from: 74magnum on September 03, 2017, 10:00:20 PM
So what is the right wheel with the 14" spoke hubcaps for a 74 charger? I was told 14x6. Where can I track down a set? What's the right number/s for the wheels? Thanks.

According to the '74 Chrysler dealer data book, wheel size depends on the tire size ordered. There is nothing shown that says certain size wheel for certain wheel covers. What size tire came on the car new? The info below from the book shows that 14 x 6 wheels were only used with G70-14 raised white letter tires.

:cheers:

moparfan53

Hmmm.... I found some conflicting info to what I posted above when looking for wheel part# for the OP. The '74 Chrysler parts book shows the 14x6 wheel with many tire sizes. It is below.

moparfan53

Here are the wheel parts #s from the parts book.

74magnum

Exactly. Seems there's so much contradicting info.... door sticker says G70-14. Plus broadcast says "60" under road wheel. 3580060 is a 14x6 jj steel wheel... but NO WHERE in ANY parts book does it list the 3580060. I've looked at the 67-74 mopar catalogs and nothing.... I've seen some posts where some people had "60" as a spare... A few people have said Galens white books list a 3580060 as a 72-74 b body wheel... then why's it not listed? Is it a ghost? Lol...

Like the 74 catalog states... 3621954 14x6

Also seen the numbers 2944327 and 3420978... are they all identical? What's the difference? Will 14" spoke hub caps fit any of those numbered wheels?

Alaskan_TA

Random trick for the 'wheel cover lover' crowd like me.

If you can not find 14x6 steelies, look for 14x6 Rallyes.

The wheel covers fit perfect & no one will know what lies beneath except you...........  ;)

74magnum

Not so much a wheel cover lover as I'd like to bring back to original as much as possible. Also been told that you could use the magnum 500's as well if you remove the trim ring and center cap. Thanks for the trick though... I assume the 14x6 rallye will clear disc brakes? Thanks.