News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Winnebago 440 and 727 trans fitment in my 69 charger

Started by jwells1993, September 05, 2017, 02:07:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jwells1993

Anyone have and idea on this I imaginee I have to swap the oil pan what would I have to do to the trans any help would be greatly appreciated
keep on keepin on

Ryan.C

There are few problems in life that cannot be solved with C-4.

jwells1993

its a slip yolk set up already
keep on keepin on

Kern Dog

A yolk is the yellow part of an egg. Let me guess.....A "smart" phone with auto-correct, right?  :smilielol:

Mine corrects Mopar to Molar. :smilielol:

jwells1993

Quote from: Kern Dog on September 06, 2017, 12:01:05 PM
A yolk is the yellow part of an egg. Let me guess.....A "smart" phone with auto-correct, right?  :smilielol:

Mine corrects Mopar to Molar. :smilielol:

yup damn smartphones always get the last laugh  :smilielol: does that trans look right Kern Dog?
keep on keepin on

70 sublime

Tail shaft part looks too long to be used in a Charger with a factory drive shaft 
next project 70 Charger FJ5 green

Kern Dog

For some reason, the trans in the picture does look longer than a common 727. You can measure the whole trans and compare it to published specs elsewhere or post it up here. Good luck with the car.  :yesnod:

John_Kunkel

There is only one length for the "long" 727 tailhousing. Coming from a truck it might be lacking the "ears" on the underside for mounting console linkage.
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.

jwells1993

Quote from: John_Kunkel on September 06, 2017, 03:21:34 PM

There is only one length for the "long" 727 tailhousing. Coming from a truck it might be lacking the "ears" on the underside for mounting console linkage.

so are you saying its the same as a car but it doesnt have the ears, john?
keep on keepin on

justcruisin

Car tail housings are around 18". The "ears" are on the under side beneath the speedo output. Can't be seen from your pic if they are there or not.

Kern Dog

THere is a raised section on the underside of many 904 and 727 transmissions, it is drilled for 2 holes. This is to mount the flat bracket that supports the floor shifter linkage in cars that have it. Trucks and vans never had floor shifters so they rarely had these mounts. The good news is that the entire aluminum tail housing can be easily swapped from any 727 with a long tailhousing. Small block, big block, they are the same. 5 or 6 bolts and the snap ring under the thin metal plate (Held in with 2 phillips screws).