News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

My turn for prayers; Florida and Hurricane Irma

Started by hemi68charger, September 06, 2017, 06:50:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hemi68charger

Wanted to ask everyone who believes in God, to send a prayer to all those in the path of Irma. For me personally, South Florida where I grew up into my 20's. I still have a lot of lifelong friends and family there.. I just dealt with Harvey here in Houston, now this in, potentially, Florida and Irma, Harvey's pissed off girlfriend........

Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

Dave Kanofsky

You got it.  Irma sounds like it has the potential to be a nasty one...
"God sent his Son into the world not to judge the world, but to save the world through him." John 3:17, NLT

Racers For Christ Chaplain (www.teamrfc.org)

hemi68charger

Quote from: Dave Kanofsky on September 06, 2017, 08:01:40 AM
You got it.  Irma sounds like it has the potential to be a nasty one...

I just hope that the governmental agencies who dictate building codes made working improvements post-Andrew. I know they did, I just hope they did enough. Growing up in Miami as a young kid, I remember our house was made of cbs blocks, it wasn't going anywhere ( roof may, but the walls were solid )...... Then all of the new builders started using wood-frame construction..... Andrew showed the frailty of that..
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

BDF

b5blue

Thanks, this is going to be a very bad one for all of us.

Dodgecharger74

Been here in west central florida  for 40 years first time I boarded up windows
74 charger se
82 dodge PU fleetside short box 440
05 magnum 5.7 Hemi
04 rumble bee hemi

Cncguy

Nickrc3

QuoteGrowing up in Miami as a young kid, I remember our house was made of cbs blocks, it wasn't going anywhere ( roof may, but the walls were solid )...... Then all of the new builders started using wood-frame construction..... Andrew showed the frailty of that..

I also lost the roof during Andrew. Moved to Ocala last year and only considered a home with current code compliance and CBS. They allow traditional frame construction here - not for me!

BDF

b5blue

No damage...power just came back on 40 minutes ago.  :eek2:

BDF