News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Superbird Headliner

Started by Arnie Cunningham, October 16, 2017, 12:52:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arnie Cunningham

Hey All,
Other than the 1/2 headliner bows (in the photo) bent into a C shape to hold down the rear edges of the headliner under the package tray, is there anything different about the headliner bow system used on the Superbird vs a Road Runner (around the rear window in particular)?  We are working with a car where the whole works was removed prior to acquisition.  Is there a length or color coding system to identify which bow goes where or is it pretty obvious once you get into it.
Any tips would be appreciated,
Thanks,
Brennan
Brennan R. Cook RM23U0A169492 EV2 Manual Black Buckets Armrest 14" Rallyes
Arnie Cunningham was the Plymouth obsessed youth in the novel/movie Christine.
Brcook.com contains the entire NASCAR shipping list of Superbirds sorted by VIN and a number of other pages dedicated to production information.

oldcarnut

These are how the bows are currently sitting in my RR getting birdified. I'm not far from installing a headliner myself.  I would like to see a pic of the bent C pieces in place if somebody has one.

Arnie Cunningham

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php?topic=127020.0

This thread has some good photos.  The search engine here does not work so I search dodgecharger.com and the subject that I am interested in on Google.

Note in the photo that there is also a piece of some edge protection guard (used elsewhere on the car I am sure) that the tail of the headliner is sandwiched under.  The C "clips" protrude into the trunk area.
Brennan R. Cook RM23U0A169492 EV2 Manual Black Buckets Armrest 14" Rallyes
Arnie Cunningham was the Plymouth obsessed youth in the novel/movie Christine.
Brcook.com contains the entire NASCAR shipping list of Superbirds sorted by VIN and a number of other pages dedicated to production information.