News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Meeting other Charger owners

Started by richf, September 07, 2017, 03:48:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

richf

While driving around the Delaware Water Gap on Rt 46 NJ today I saw a badass ratty silver 68 Charger, and it made me wish that I was driving my Charger so that we could have pulled over and conversed about our cars. I occasionally see a single Charger at the non Mopar shows I attend, so it got me curious. Could this forum make a section with regional territory divisions? Basically make a board with a North NJ region thread, South NJ thread, North CA, etc. This could be a good way to meet fellow Charger owners in one's locality.
1968 Charger 318/904 project
1985 Suzuki Madura GV700
2007 Ford Crown Victoria P71

Poor college student

alfaitalia

Good idea...we have this over on the Jeep forum..seems to work ok.
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you !!

johnnycharger

I think it is a great idea but unfortunately most people on here are too paranoid. They won't even add things like real pictures or details to their profile.

68X426

Quote from: johnnycharger on September 07, 2017, 10:11:43 PM
I think it is a great idea but unfortunately most people on here are too paranoid. They won't even add things like real pictures or details to their profile.

Agreed x2.  Richf - we tried something like it before, virtually nobody would post their location on a map, for fellow members only.  There is a paranoia about it, due to Russians, creditors, ex-wives, the FBI, enemies, scammers, robots, etc.

If it comes to pass, great, I'll post with folks in Northern California.

By the way I am in Sonora, California, if you are ever here let's meet up.

The 12 Scariest Words in the English Language:
We are Here from The Government and
We Want to Help You.

1968 Plymouth Road Runner, Hemi and much more
2013 Dodge Challenger RT, Hemi, Plum Crazy
2014 Ram 4x4 Hemi, Deep Cherry Pearl
1968 Dodge Charger, 318, not much else
1958 Dodge Pick Up, 383, loud
1966 Dodge Van, /6, slow

richf

Thanks for the invite 68X426! And it's a shame that the map failed, Jeez, people could at least post what area they're in, we're not asking for an address! Then all the regional owners could meet up at some hot dog stand.
1985 Suzuki Madura GV700

Poor college student

cdr

LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver
Charger55 by Charlie Keel, on Flickr

darbgnik

Fort McMurray, Alberta, Canada. Can't come here locked n loaded anyway. Lol!  :cheers:
Brad

1970 Charger 500. Born a 318, AC, console auto, now 440/727
Build thread:  http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,127291.0.html

alfaitalia

Pagham....near Bognor Regis, West Sussex. England. That narrows it down to about 1000 houses!.......but I'm guessing not many of you will be rocking up anytime soon!! And obviously not locked or loaded ! LOL!

Kern Dog

There are situations that really do fit the description" "You had to be there".
People that do not have an interest in guns do not understand people that do.
People that see cars as appliances do not understand car guys.
People that use drugs do not understand people that do not use drugs.

Laowho

Central NJ, maybe 20 miles f/ Englishtown

brad mcintyre

London Ontario Canada use nick names .the name is not needed .post area, your car, maybe some of the local events you attend.

Ghoste

RIDELIKEHELL

AMD POSTER BOY

1968 CHARGER R/T  http://www.youtube.com/user/ridelikehell73

charger chris

i am a fair person and up frount person and try to help if i can. i love my mopars thats. all i ever owned first car was my 69 charger at the age of 15.

1969 charger Daytona clone
1969 charger sadly stolen
1970 charger rt
1972 road runner clone

richf

Quote from: Laowho on September 08, 2017, 05:37:41 AM

Laowho, I live in Sussex county, Northern NJ, just over an hour from Englishtown.
1985 Suzuki Madura GV700

Poor college student

JR

70 Charger RT top bananna /68 Charger RT triple green

flyinlow

alfaitalia

Quote from: richf on September 08, 2017, 10:29:01 AM
Quote from: Laowho on September 08, 2017, 05:37:41 AM

Laowho, I live in Sussex county, Northern NJ, just over an hour from Englishtown.

That's cool...never knew there was another Sussex...(I live in the old one!)....better still there is an ENGLISHtown . Gonna have to visit when I eventually get that side of the pond. Closest I've got to the USA so far is Barbados...lol!

richf

Quote from: alfaitalia on September 08, 2017, 12:24:25 PM

That's cool...never knew there was another Sussex...(I live in the old one!)....better still there is an ENGLISHtown . Gonna have to visit when I eventually get that side of the pond. Closest I've got to the USA so far is Barbados...lol!

There's also Essex and Middlesex counties in New Jersey, there's a lot of towns named after UK places in the New England and Mid Atlantic states.
1985 Suzuki Madura GV700

Poor college student

Johnnys440Charger

CAPER

The Southern Ontario thread's last post was 2012. Is there an updated thread ? I'm at Belwood Lake 1/2 hr North of Milton Ontario. Our Car show is tomorrow Sept 10th. noon-4pm at the Ball Diamond. Have my 70 Charger since the 90's and know quite a few longtime charger owners but they're not active on Forums.

garner7555

Muscadine, Alabama.   Right in between Birmingham and Atlanta.   :2thumbs:
69 Charger 440 resto-mod

darbgnik

Quote from: Kern Dog on September 08, 2017, 03:18:48 AM
There are situations that really do fit the description" "You had to be there".
People that do not have an interest in guns do not understand people that do.
People that see cars as appliances do not understand car guys.
People that use drugs do not understand people that do not use drugs.

Oh, I own plenty of guns..... Along with several thousand rounds of both 5.56 Nato and 7.62x39 Red Army. Just never carry any of it around with me, lol.
Brad

1970 Charger 500. Born a 318, AC, console auto, now 440/727
Build thread:  http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,127291.0.html

J.Bond

Quote from: CAPER on September 09, 2017, 10:57:01 AM
The Southern Ontario thread's last post was 2012. Is there an updated thread ? I'm at Belwood Lake 1/2 hr North of Milton Ontario. Our Car show is tomorrow Sept 10th. noon-4pm at the Ball Diamond. Have my 70 Charger since the 90's and know quite a few longtime charger owners but they're not active on Forums.

Yup

Heading over for a couple of hours, I'll give Oneofnone a call, see if he has time to run down to the diamond for a bit. A bunch of cars coming up from Toronto today as well. See you around noon!!!