News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Can defrost vents be installed in dash with windshield still in for 70 Charger

Started by Blakcharger440, September 07, 2017, 10:02:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blakcharger440

I would like to replace the upper dash defrost vents on my 1970 Charger RT as one of them has a slight crack. Is is possible to replace those vents with the front windshield still in place? It looks like a tight fit.

72Charger72

On the 71 to 73 Chargers there are only about 8 bolts and the steering column holding everything in place you could drop the dash some if needed. Easier and cheaper than removing the windshield.

Derwud

Quote from: Blakcharger440 on September 07, 2017, 10:02:52 PM
I would like to replace the upper dash defrost vents on my 1970 Charger RT as one of them has a slight crack. Is is possible to replace those vents with the front windshield still in place? It looks like a tight fit.

I would have to look at the Service manual, but it should be possible, just HARD...
1970 Dodge Charger R/T.. Owned since 1981

68 RT

Blakcharger440

Quote from: 68 RT on September 11, 2017, 11:46:29 AM
Yes you can do it. I did my 68's.

I just remembered my question about this. I will give it a try and see if I can slide them in but for some reason it looks like it will not be possible. Thanks guys!