News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

How many classics getting wet in Texas and now Florida?

Started by lloyd3, September 08, 2017, 09:55:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lloyd3

Not to ignore all of the human suffering in Texas and what's likely to now happen in Florida, but think of all the collector cars that are clearly going to be affected by both these storms (with what? 2-more storms on the way?).  I've got a buddy essentially trapped now, just inland from Florida's west coast, by all the traffic and the lack of gasoline.  He's already mentally said goodbye to his car which he dearly loves (it's not a classic, but it's still a big deal).  I'm just hoping the he will survive this situation.

Really puts things in perspective for me here in the "high and dry" of Colorado. 

cdr

My very good friend lost his restored 70 1/2 SS 396 Camaro here in Texas, water over the roof in the garage, water cam up real fast.
he is following me in this picture

LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver
Charger55 by Charlie Keel, on Flickr

Kern Dog

I would think that a classic car would fare better than anything new with computers in them. Fluid changes, a few hours with a pressure washer and a few other things and you could be running again.

cdr

Quote from: Kern Dog on September 08, 2017, 10:05:23 PM
I would think that a classic car would fare better than anything new with computers in them. Fluid changes, a few hours with a pressure washer and a few other things and you could be running again.

its still under water,since last Sunday.
LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver

Charger RT

my 68 "should" fair ok here in florida. it should pass west of here sunday night. when I built my garage in 04 we had three hurricanes come by charley being the worst. The garage wasn't finished and didn't have a scratch on it with 75 mph winds and gusts to 100 mph. The current forcast is saying higher winds on this one. my garage was built to code and wind code was 120 mph at that time. Hell I might end up sitting in it while it passes by.
Tim

cbrestorations

heres what a ignored houston tx car looks like that has been under water most likely in the 40 years i has been sitting. entire car is rotted, not one saveable piece of metal in it, not even the dash frame. it broke in half when glove box was opened. axle rippedd out of it trying to load it, door fell off while on the road (ripped loose of front door jamb, transmission case rotted, pulleys on engine rotted in half, inner roof structure is missing, skid plate k frame is swiss cheesed and even the metal rivits holding the tail panel emblem were rotted allowing the charger r/t emblem to fall off. car is the biggest pile of poopey ive ever seen...its cool

Baldwinvette77

70B5Cuda

Quote from: Baldwinvette77 on September 09, 2017, 08:15:04 PM
in all seriousness.. why did you buy it then?  :lol:

uhhhhh.......why not?!??!?!??! It's a 2nd charger!!
1968 Roadrunner-6.1L, 6 speed, 3.91 Getrag, IRS
1968 Charger- 6.1L, TR-6060, 9"
1968 Charger in RR1 "Ribeye"
1969 Charger in EW1 "S'more"
1969 Charger Survivor-R6, 383, 727.....WRECKED
1970 Barracuda-6.1L, 6 speed, 4.10 S60

dual fours

Quote from: 70B5Cuda on September 09, 2017, 09:02:08 PM
in all seriousness.. why did you buy it then?  :lol:

uhhhhh.......why not?!??!?!??! It's a 2nd charger!!
His last two words typed, "it's cool."
cb, I bet when you were a small child you drug all kinds of stuff home.
1970 Dodge Charger SE, 383 Magnum, dual fours, Winter's shifter and racing transmission.

26 END
J25 L31 M21 M31 N85 R22
VX1 AO1 A31 A47 C16 C55
FK5 CRXA TX9 A15
E63 D32 XP29 NOG

BDF

cbrestorations

A super awesome lawn ornament. Some people pay big bucks for a fancy piece of iron or a statue, I've got a 70 Rt/se charger. I win...

Baldwinvette77

cdr

Quote from: cbrestorations on September 09, 2017, 10:32:35 PM
A super awesome lawn ornament. Some people pay big bucks for a fancy piece of iron or a statue, I've got a 70 Rt/se charger. I win...

Yes you do, without a doubt !!!! :2thumbs:  :coolgleamA:

XS29L9Bxxxxxx

The news showed a few high end cars sin Miami under water. Probably to catch the insurance check.  :Twocents:

Charger RT

here is a picture of my safe room for Irma yesterday. Fortunately we didn't need to retreat to it. The house held fine. one section of the roof had issues so my back room got wet. Plue we have about a ton or two of tree branches to clean up. The winds got pretty bad but I still think Charley in 04 was worse.
Tim

Baldwinvette77

charger chris

Quote from: cbrestorations on September 09, 2017, 08:33:08 AM
heres what a ignored houston tx car looks like that has been under water most likely in the 40 years i has been sitting. entire car is rotted, not one saveable piece of metal in it, not even the dash frame. it broke in half when glove box was opened. axle rippedd out of it trying to load it, door fell off while on the road (ripped loose of front door jamb, transmission case rotted, pulleys on engine rotted in half, inner roof structure is missing, skid plate k frame is swiss cheesed and even the metal rivits holding the tail panel emblem were rotted allowing the charger r/t emblem to fall off. car is the biggest pile of poopey ive ever seen...its cool

So are you going to sell parts off that rotted car CB?
i am a fair person and up frount person and try to help if i can. i love my mopars thats. all i ever owned first car was my 69 charger at the age of 15.

1969 charger Daytona clone
1969 charger sadly stolen
1970 charger rt
1972 road runner clone