News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Front Sway Bar Installation...

Started by csx4590, September 12, 2017, 08:34:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

csx4590

Bought a new sway bar to replace and upgrade the stock one. With the car just sitting normally in the garage, can you take the old sway bar off without using stands or a jack? Meaning will anything bend, break or shift if I just take the old one off? Will the front end cave in and/or will I not be able to put the new one on after the old one comes off? Thanks...

70 sublime

Sway bar just tries to keep both sides even so as long as both front wheels are the same level on the floor ( not one sitting in a hole) you should be good
next project 70 Charger FJ5 green

holanae

Yes, but your going to have limited room to tighten everything down. 

Jack it up on jack stands and remove the tires.  It will give you plenty of room to work and you will be able to do it quicker.

sccachallenger

Quote from: 70 sublime on September 12, 2017, 08:51:23 AM
Sway bar just tries to keep both sides even so as long as both front wheels are the same level on the floor ( not one sitting in a hole) you should be good

Yep, drive both front tires up on pieces of 2x8" or 2x10" lumber, gives  you a little more room to work.
Need to do both sides to avoid twisting the bar.