News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Charger Pickup

Started by Old Moparz, September 13, 2017, 04:19:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Old Moparz

Might be fun.  :shruggy:

Might not be either...  :lol:

https://www.smythkitcars.com/charger-ute
               Bob                

I Gotta Stop Taking The Bus

alfaitalia

Maybe....but the bed looks too small to be if any real use.
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you !!

keepat

Kern Dog

Quote from: alfaitalia on September 13, 2017, 04:47:29 PM
Maybe....but the bed looks too small to be if any real use.

Have you seen many USA market trucks?   :hah:
Many of them have tiny beds barely big enough for an ice chest and a a bag of chips.

VegasCharger

Quote from: Kern Dog on September 13, 2017, 06:40:41 PM
Have you seen many USA market trucks?   :hah:
Many of them have tiny beds barely big enough for an ice chest and a a bag of chips.

Tru Dat KD  :2thumbs:

I think people buy a truck just to say they own a truck.

Where I come from and how I was brought into the vehicle world that a p/u truck is an 8 foot bed single cab like mine in the pic below. Anything else is moving away from a true blue collar p/u work truck. And on my truck you will see no tool box, no truck cap, no vinyl tarp, no hard shell cover with hydraulics, no tail gate net, no BS just a wide open bed with a plastic bed liner. The only thing I would consider adding would be a bed rack which does not compromise any of the bed space plus it's removable.

Okay I'm done venting lol.   :cheers:

ITSA426

I just bought a new Ram Sport crew cab.  I tried to find a well equipped conventional cab with an 8' box.  They're just not out there unless you want a minimally equipped fleet truck.  The short box could be a problem but I don't haul sheet rock and paneling like I used to.  It's still a darn nice truck.

Kern Dog

It isn't difficult to just go to a dealer and order a truck the way that you want it. I ordered a 2015 Challenger and waited the 8 weeks to get it. It is equipped with only what we wanted without anything that we didn't.

smithenhiven

Glad they did that to a newer one.  I thought I was gonna click this thread and see some mockery of a second gen done up like an el camino.

68RT440

Looks like an Australian Ute  :Twocents:
1968 Charger R/T, matching numbers 440/727, black with green top and interior, currently getting restored by me

Kern Dog

Has anyone here seen the new Honda Ridgeline?
I'm no fan of the brand but they look so much better than before.

Kern Dog

The early ones looked like a Honda El Camino...A Honda-Mino

Kern Dog

The 2017 looks great in comparison.

JR

Smythe Performance is the name of the company that makes these kits. They have a popular one for the Jetta that has been out a few years. The LX Charger kit just came out this year.

https://www.smythkitcars.com
70 Charger RT top bananna /68 Charger RT triple green

crj1968

I kinda like it. Look's better than an SSR  IMHO....

I'd lose the push bar thing...

Old Moparz

I think the Charger pickup is "okay" but it isn't something I would ever need. I have had pickup trucks since my first in 1992 & couldn't live without one.

At some point someone will have a fiberglass cap for this Charger pickup like they used to make for the El Caminos back in the day.  ::)
               Bob                

I Gotta Stop Taking The Bus

Stevearino

Quote from: smithenhiven on September 13, 2017, 08:01:33 PM
Glad they did that to a newer one.  I thought I was gonna click this thread and see some mockery of a second gen done up like an el camino.

You mean like this? :lol:

Tilar

For some reason a Rampage on steroids comes to mind...
Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

JB400

Heck with the pick up bed, use the kit for a 2 door conversion.  Be better if it was on a '11 or newer car though.