News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Which transmission? Opinions

Started by RCCDrew, September 13, 2017, 07:50:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dino

Quote from: pipeliner on September 16, 2017, 02:18:13 PM
I first learned how to drive with a Standard but I don't want my personal vehicles as a standard. I couldn't imagine driving a muscle car with an Auto, so boring. 5 speeds were cool 20 years ago. It was time to step up so I got a 6-speed :nana:

I'm planning on stuffing a T56 in my 69. Any tips are welcome!   :icon_smile_big:
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

XH29N0G

Quote from: Dino on September 16, 2017, 07:26:43 PM
I first learned how to drive with a Standard but I don't want my personal vehicles as a standard. I couldn't imagine driving a muscle car with an Auto, so boring. 5 speeds were cool 20 years ago. It was time to step up so I got a 6-speed :nana:

I'm planning on stuffing a T56 in my 69. Any tips are welcome!   :icon_smile_big:

Don't know about the T56, but will say that the shifter can make or break the fun with the manual and would do research into that if I did a swap.   Also keep an eye on fit with driveline angles.  I am pretty sure you know both of these already, but it doesn't hurt to put them in this thread.
Who in their right mind would say

"The science should not stand in the way of this."? 

Science is just observation and hypothesis.  Policy stands in the way.........

Or maybe it protects us. 

I suppose it depends on the specific case.....

RCCDrew

I wish I could mix and match A833 gearsets.  :rotz:

pipeliner

Quote from: XH29N0G on September 16, 2017, 07:43:07 PM
Quote from: Dino on September 16, 2017, 07:26:43 PM

I'm planning on stuffing a T56 in my 69. Any tips are welcome!   :icon_smile_big:

Don't know about the T56, but will say that the shifter can make or break the fun with the manual and would do research into that if I did a swap.   Also keep an eye on fit with driveline angles.  I am pretty sure you know both of these already, but it doesn't hurt to put them in this thread.
I broke down and bought the kit from SST. All of the driveline angles are suppose to be good and the shifter location is suppose to be right there on the 4-speed hump. Yeah I have to cut my tunnel but it's worth it in my opinion. I'm working 7 days a week so I hired a guy to do it for me. He's going to start on it as soon as I get my engine back form the dyno.

XH29N0G

Quote from: pipeliner on September 19, 2017, 04:29:41 AM
I broke down and bought the kit from SST. All of the driveline angles are suppose to be good and the shifter location is suppose to be right there on the 4-speed hump. Yeah I have to cut my tunnel but it's worth it in my opinion. I'm working 7 days a week so I hired a guy to do it for me. He's going to start on it as soon as I get my engine back form the dyno.

I asked SST to help me correct my driveline angles by modifying the tailshaft on the 5 speed I had bought from another vendor.  They did a nice job with the transmission and also added a nice shifter.  I still needed to pay attention to the shift handle with mine - kept it shorter.  Most recently I put some slightly stiffer springs in the shifter and I like the way it works and feels.  They were good to work with and open to explaining/discussing questions I had.   
Who in their right mind would say

"The science should not stand in the way of this."? 

Science is just observation and hypothesis.  Policy stands in the way.........

Or maybe it protects us. 

I suppose it depends on the specific case.....

pipeliner

I have nothing but good things to say about SST so far. Glad they helped you out.