News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Wheel decoding

Started by 74magnum, September 13, 2017, 09:39:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

74magnum

Need help. Can anyone decipher these stampings? Thanks.

74magnum

Gold Rush

Maybe what ever you are trying to post is being blocked by everyone's malware programs.  I get a pop up informing me of this action...  You may need to just type the info and describe the location...
24 years USAF, 25 years consumer electronics repair technician.  Now I ride a Honda Goldwing trike and wrench my latest project.  Children and Grandchildren are gown so I have to find other places to spend my time and money!

74magnum

Never thought of that possibility... let's try that then... so all the stampings obviously mean something. 14x6jj is apparent. As is made in canada. But what are the following stamps?

M5 over 2
A
12 (sideways)

Also curious If anyone here is the go to guru for wheel identification?

I'm REALLY hoping to find someone ASAP as I tracked down a set of 4 but I don't know enough about stamping. I don't want to lose the chance to purchase but I also don't want to make a bad purchase.

John_Kunkel

14X6JJ is the wheel diameter (14") width (6") and JJ is the the bead profile.

M5 is the plant code. (Motor Wheel Corp plant #5 CANADA)

The 2 below it is the year code (1962, 1972, etc)
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.

74magnum

Okay. I guess ultimately what seperates a mopar vs gm vs ford when looking at the stamping? I heard 1 company had the penstar and the other didn't. How do you differentiate?

74magnum

Then what's the K-1-2 10 18? Kelsey hayes plant 1 1962/72 October 18th?