News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Who here runs the 1970 Charger registry?

Started by Kern Dog, September 13, 2017, 10:38:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kern Dog

I recall a member here ran that registry. I thought I'd see about what I need to do to join. Thank you.

DeltaV

Dodge Don

Quote from: Kern Dog on September 13, 2017, 10:38:08 PM
I recall a member here ran that registry. I thought I'd see about what I need to do to join. Thank you.
Don't fight a battle if you don't gain anything by winning. - Erwin Rommel

JR

I tried to register to that site once. Sent a request, never received a response.

I just gave up.
70 Charger RT top bananna /68 Charger RT triple green

lukedukem

Quote from: JR on September 14, 2017, 01:35:41 AM
I tried to register to that site once. Sent a request, never received a response.

I just gave up.

Same here just different year

Luke
1969 Charger XP29F9B226768
1981 CJ7 I6 258ci
2016 F150, 5.0, FX4, CC

70mopar500

I belong to the 70  registry  Dodge Don just took over running the sight A little over a year ago. Jut go to the main page and register the car and Don will get in touch with you.
http://www.1970chargerregistry.com you shouldn't have any issues. You should PM him so he sees the post. Rich
Rich 70 charger 500 440.  07 Ram Quad cab 1500 5.7 HEMI, 80 Camaro RS 350

dual fours

Quote from: lukedukem on September 14, 2017, 06:16:57 AM

I just gave up.

Luke
Just "once", well then you may want to try it again.
1970 Dodge Charger SE, 383 Magnum, dual fours, Winter's shifter and racing transmission.

26 END
J25 L31 M21 M31 N85 R22
VX1 AO1 A31 A47 C16 C55
FK5 CRXA TX9 A15
E63 D32 XP29 NOG

JR

Quote from: dual fours on September 14, 2017, 07:15:34 AM
Quote from: lukedukem on September 14, 2017, 06:16:57 AM

I just gave up.

Luke
Just "once", well then you may want to try it again.

Why quote "once"? How many times is someone supposed to attempt registering to a forum?
70 Charger RT top bananna /68 Charger RT triple green

Ghoste

Never had a cyber connection not go through for some reason?  Its not always as perfect as we like.  Don is agreat guy and very passionate about the 70 Chargers, I would try again.

cbrestorations

I registered 3 cars and never heard anything. I sent a message asking if he got them and I got a response that he did

Dodge Don

The 70 Registry was co-run by me and Chris G since 2001 and a few years ago Chris needed to focus on other matters so I took sole ownership.

I answer every email I receive (even the ones where they want info from me but will not contribute their car to the Registry)....it may take a few days or a week because I have work and family like we all do. When someone registers a car if I have any info or documentation on that car I share it for free. If the car was not yet in the registry I always reply noting I have added it and noted their contact info and if anything pops up in the future I will know to contact them. To register a car is simple by sending me an email with the car info, fender tag, broadcast sheet scan etc. I compile all data on 70 Chargers that we can find and it is all on my site for FREE. VINs and contact info are kept confidential. I match cars to broadcast sheets and other documentation fairly often...for free.

The "Forum" or "Message Board" is not the Registry....it is a extra feature of the Registry. Although I have around 3600 cars registered not everyone is interested in the message board so they do not participate there. The forum has a number of spam filters that block certain email providers that are responsible for the bulk of the spam attacks....I know Troy likely has to battle them here as well. So occasionally I'll get an email at the registry that they cannot get registered on the forum (again...this registration has nothing to do with registering a car with the Registry) and sure enough either their email provider is blocked (they need to use another like gmail or yahoo etc) or the IP address is blocked because of spam from that IP.

It costs me $$$ to keep the site up, the domain, the message board, the tent at Carlisle etc etc....I do it because I am committed to helping 70 Owners. I've had to break very bad news to people about their cars, like the fellow in Greece that did not realize the Sublime 70 R/T he bought from a broker was the same nightmare car from the Graveyard Carz debacle. But more often I make some guys day...most recently had a guy who had previously registered a car where the front clip was entirely gone including fender tag.....then out of the blue another guy registers same VIN because he bought front clip for parts...we got the fender tag reunited with the titled car. That is what makes it all worthwhile.

Barry Washington and I just had a good long discussion on this while we were in Carlisle. Maybe we are nuts but it is our passion.

Register or not...that is your decision.

And I know I've traded emails with CBRestorations (the name is hard to forget).

Don
Dodgedon@1970chargerregistry.com

CRW-FK5

I've had no issues getting a response from the site.  Also had a VIN question on a '70 I had as a kid and received a prompt response.

Ghoste

Which reminds me Don, I have another one to submit to you but I will send you a pm.

Charger1970

You're doing a great job, Don. Lots of us '70 guys really appreciate it. :thumbs:
1970 Charger 500
2015 Challenger SRT

charger chris

Don is doing a great job. Love the site. Keep up the good work :2thumbs:
i am a fair person and up frount person and try to help if i can. i love my mopars thats. all i ever owned first car was my 69 charger at the age of 15.

1969 charger Daytona clone
1969 charger sadly stolen
1970 charger rt
1972 road runner clone

crj1968

My experience has been just the opposite.

I post on here that I bought a 70 Charger and Dodge Don instantly starts hassling me to register it on his site!   :icon_smile_big:

:cheers:

ACUDANUT

Nobody ever asked me about my 70 Charger, that I have owned for over 35 years.  :shruggy:

Baldwinvette77

Quote from: ACUDANUT on September 16, 2017, 08:36:51 PM
Nobody ever asked me about my 70 Charger, that I have owned for over 35 years.  :shruggy:

i'd like to know more about your 70 charger  :popcrn:

DeltaV

Tell us more ACUDANUT!
Don't fight a battle if you don't gain anything by winning. - Erwin Rommel

Mopar Nut

Quote from: Baldwinvette77 on September 16, 2017, 08:50:55 PM
Nobody ever asked me about my 70 Charger, that I have owned for over 35 years.  :shruggy:

i'd like to know more about your 70 charger  :popcrn:
Quote from: DeltaV on September 16, 2017, 09:22:06 PM
Nobody ever asked me about my 70 Charger, that I have owned for over 35 years.  :shruggy:

Tell us more ACUDANUT!
:iagree:
And pictures too please!
"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

Dodge Don

Quote from: crj1968 on September 16, 2017, 03:25:37 PM
My experience has been just the opposite.

I post on here that I bought a 70 Charger and Dodge Don instantly starts hassling me to register it on his site!   :icon_smile_big:

:cheers:

I'm standing outside your window right now  :smilie_help:

Alaskan_TA

It was great to finally meet & talk with Don at Carlisle.

I would like to take this part just a little bit further;

QuoteBarry Washington and I just had a good long discussion on this while we were in Carlisle. Maybe we are nuts but it is our passion.

Speaking with over two decades of running a registry behind me now, there are growing pains.

Registry members die.

Members also sell cars.

Many change phone numbers, email addresses & move to new places without updating their information.

One major goal of any registry worth keeping is getting stuff back to their original cars when possible.

So if you register & your contact data or the ownership of the car changes, please send an update?

In some cases, say the matching engine for YOUR CAR shows up for sale on Ebay, open to purchase by any bidder. The timeline to contact you - the owner of the car is very limited.

Every registry member needs to notify the registry keeper of any changes in contact information.

Please help us help you.  :cheers:

Dodge Don

Quote from: Alaskan_TA on September 17, 2017, 02:23:32 PM
It was great to finally meet & talk with Don at Carlisle.

I would like to take this part just a little bit further;

QuoteBarry Washington and I just had a good long discussion on this while we were in Carlisle. Maybe we are nuts but it is our passion.

Speaking with over two decades of running a registry behind me now, there are growing pains.

Registry members die.

Members also sell cars.

Many change phone numbers, email addresses & move to new places without updating their information.

One major goal of any registry worth keeping is getting stuff back to their original cars when possible.

So if you register & your contact data or the ownership of the car changes, please send an update?

In some cases, say the matching engine for YOUR CAR shows up for sale on Ebay, open to purchase by any bidder. The timeline to contact you - the owner of the car is very limited.

Every registry member needs to notify the registry keeper of any changes in contact information.

Please help us help you.  :cheers:

So true,

Unfortunately it happens too often. Usually in my case with broadcast sheets. Someone finds one that does not belong to their car and they send me a scan but for various reasons they will not send me the physical sheet preferring to hold on to it even though I offer to pay the postage myself. So the sheet/VIN goes into the database and fast forward a few years and suddenly the car pops up and gets registered. By that time the contact info for the person who elected to hold on to the sheet is no longer valid and I cannot find them again to get the actual sheet. At least the owner gets a digital scan but now the actual sheet has gone missing.

Luckily most of the time I can get the sheet back with the car however in a few cases the person holding the sheet decides to demand money from the car owner. Free market I suppose but runs counter to how I personally look at things.

ACUDANUT

Quote from: Mopar Nut on September 17, 2017, 01:53:57 AM
Quote from: Baldwinvette77 on September 16, 2017, 08:50:55 PM

i'd like to know more about your 70 charger  :popcrn:
Quote from: DeltaV on September 16, 2017, 09:22:06 PM

I have never actually loaded pic's here before. (only copied) others, or people did it for me.  My 70 Charger started out a California car. I brought it home to Kansas in 87, before I went to Japan for a year.
I bought it with a 426 wedge, 4- Speed. Power everything.  It was a Pea Green at the time.  I had a rush paint job in 87 and painted it red.  To this day, it still runs fine and looks good.
Tell us more ACUDANUT!
:iagree:
And pictures too please!

Derwud

I started first on the Registry site. I found these other sites while looking around that site. My car has been in my family since 79 and mine since 81..
1970 Dodge Charger R/T.. Owned since 1981