News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

ratty daily beater build 68

Started by cbrestorations, September 14, 2017, 03:16:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cbrestorations

gonna be my new joe dirt special to mob around vegas in with my strap on mullet and jammin to hair metal. Daisy is gonna cost a few $ more so ill slap this bit of awesomeness together in the mean time. while here in north dakota my buddy who im working on his cars knows i like chargers so hes been taking me to all his honey holes knowing he hooks me up i hook him up, i left his place last time working for a month and owing him money lol. luckily the car was a 2 for 1, he wouldnt sell me just the blue car it had to come with a maroon 68 aswell, a 2 for 1 deal. i sold the maroon car instantly so i got the blue car cheap. i cant quite call it a barn find since it was sitting next to the barn and not in it but screw it, when i came back to north dakota it was in his barn so its a freaking barn re-find lol. its acutally in really good shape, driver quarter is pushed in a bit but ill just pound it out and a dent in the passenger fender. as for rust it just needs a small patch down by the high beam switch, so its good enough for a beater and an awesome one it will become. not restoring it...just gonna leave it as i found it, i think it looks shweeeet.

luckily there are a bunch of mopars here at his ranch i can pillage off of to make this 68 run. i bought a steel crank 440 out of a 72 roadrunner he has in the Quonset. didnt know much about it but it had a 4 speed mounted to it. yanked it and tore it apart to find it was a fairly new rebuild with forged flat top pistons, windage tray, small cam and torker intake. bought a bigger cam for it, valve spring,  took the 452 heads and hogged the crap out of them. im just im just waiting for the sanding rolls to clean the port job up. the clutch was already a ram clutch setup so hopefully it will hold. the rear gear is already a 4.10 sure grip 742 case, so that will be good for laying tire. im shooting for 500hp n/a and 650hp on the juice, also gotta be loud cuz the fiance' doesnt like loud cars. i robbed the disc brake setup off a 74 roadrunner and the 4 speed hump with pedal setup out of a 70 coronet sitting on his property to complete the 4 speed swap. i was hoping to make it run and drive before i left or home but not enough free time as i need to get his dart painted and assembled. so the plan is to build the engine, get the  drivetrain in the car and finish at home. i have lots of new goodies at home waiting for it.

plus i still gotta pic up 5 more chargers and drop at my buddies farm with my other hooptie chargers. 1 of which im hoping i can afford is a 69 r/t 4 speed super track pack car. but thats another thread soon to come. im thinking of painting some fadded r/t stripes or a weather'd nascar "DODGE" lettering on the qaurter panels. im taking the exhaust out of daisy for this car and building a new aluminum exhaust for daisy. so the blue car will be side exhaust but cut into the rocker instead of quarter panel. ill keep posting updates on it and videos

engine has hardly any miles on it. not bad for a clean engine with a 4 speed for 1500

rough cut on the heads, still gotta clean them up with sanding rolls when they show up

here is the coronet that donated the pedals and 4 speed hump

RCCDrew

lukedukem

I remember seeing that first pic awhile back in another thread.  :2thumbs:
Cool build. Can't wait for the videos.

Luke
1969 Charger XP29F9B226768
1981 CJ7 I6 258ci
2016 F150, 5.0, FX4, CC

chapel40

Make sure you get a Dr. Love 8 track tape!! Looks like a cool project!!!
Don Chapel

Baldwinvette77

F8-4life

70B5Cuda

What a good looking car! That trunk floor is a good sign for the rest of the car. I can never find one that's got one color of patina'd paint like that. Maybe some day!
1968 Roadrunner-6.1L, 6 speed, 3.91 Getrag, IRS
1968 Charger- 6.1L, TR-6060, 9"
1968 Charger in RR1 "Ribeye"
1969 Charger in EW1 "S'more"
1969 Charger Survivor-R6, 383, 727.....WRECKED
1970 Barracuda-6.1L, 6 speed, 4.10 S60

RCCDrew

Love your port work! I thought mine looked pretty good but I obviously have to get back to work.

TPR

1968 Dodge Charger R/T 440 - UU1 Light Blue Metallic
www.tr440.com

crj1968

You, sir, may go down in history as the Charge savior....

Hey  can I get that 70 R/T door scoop template from you?   :laugh:    :icon_smile_big:

:cheers:

tan top

good find CBR   , like the porting on the 452s :yesnod: :coolgleamA: :2thumbs: :cheers: :popcrn:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html