News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Compliments to a fellow forum member:

Started by Captain D, September 16, 2017, 01:28:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain D

Hello all,

With all of the craziness going on in the world today, I just thought that it would be cool to hear something nice and good for a change, lol. To make a long story short, I was in need of a rear passenger side 1/4 window regulator (mouthful, eh?). And, a fellow member here on the forum, Mr. Gary Mendelow, was kind enough to cancel his Ebay auction in which he was selling a pair of both left and right to sell me just the one side that I needed. Not only that, but he also gave me a more than fair price in which shipping was included, and fast shipping as the 'cherry on top.' He was also available to lend me pointers on how to make adjustments and install the piece altogether seeing how I never had to swap out one of those regulators previously.

On my 69' Charger, my old regulator never worked well at all. So, these past few seasons I merely pulled the window up and had to push it back down manually by hand it was that bad. Finally, I knew that I had to bite the bullet and just get after that project. It was a first rate royal pain in the a$$ it was that detailed, but at the end of the day, I *finally* have a working window regulator, lol. Local friends don't see what's so great about a window crank, but just like my car as a whole - it's great to see these old parts being restored and being put back into service going strong nearly 50 years later. Like rescuing an old dog from the pound, it's about giving it a second chance at life. And, to me, I don't take a window crank for granted anymore after now having swapped out one of these rear regulators, lol.   

Overall, I simply wanted to publicly acknowledge this forum member with quality feedback as being top-rate and a true gentleman with honesty and integrity for future customers of Mr. Mendelow.

Best to all,
Aaron 

Lennard

mightywing7

What a great story to read about first thing this morning! Awesome!!  :2thumbs:

1968 Dodge Charger R/T - 440 Magnum, 727
1968 Dodge Charger - 318, 904
1985 Chrysler LeBaron Turbo Convertible, Mark Cross - 2.2L Turbo
1987 Buick Grand National - 3.8L SFI Turbo
2006 Chrysler Crossfire SRT-6 Coupe, Supercharged 3.2L
2006 Chrysler 300C SRT-8, 6.1L HEMI

68RT440

Very cool. I'm one of the younger members on here and don't have a stash of parts like a lot of the seasoned guys.  It's a huge help when someone takes time to help me out with a part that I may be looking for or even with info concerning the part or car. Thanks to the guys that are helping us younger generation Mopar guys succeed in the hobby!
1968 Charger R/T, matching numbers 440/727, black with green top and interior, currently getting restored by me

VegasCharger

Cool story.  :2thumbs:

I've dealt with Gary Mendelow before and he is a great guy to deal with. I've actually met him in person and he showed me his small warehouse of Mopar parts.

:cheers:

Kern Dog

There are plenty of good people in the world, they don't get the headlines though.
Good people don't often seek the limelight for their actions either.

charger_fan_4ever

I bought my door hinge pillars,inner/outer rear window trim from Gary.
I bought some door jambs from him that one of his guys cut off and wasn't as expected and he refunded me for them as they had some rot.
Real stand up guy.

grdprx

Glad to hear, love this hobby.  And truth be told, I'm in need of a driver's side rear quarter regulator!  Is that available?

:icon_smile_big:   :cheers: