News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

garage heater recomendations

Started by poppa, September 19, 2017, 09:01:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

poppa

Can I run  a gas line directly off the meter to the garage , outside ,along the bottom , under the small overhang?? In the basement I would have to go off the line for the dryer or furnace and around some steps.
God must love stupid people....he made a sh**load of 'em....

Matco tools...guaranteed for a lifetime. Just not a human lifetime.

alfaitalia

Don't forget that the further from the meter you are the bigger the bore of pipe required.
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you !!

poppa

Yes , I'd be going to the opposite side.
God must love stupid people....he made a sh**load of 'em....

Matco tools...guaranteed for a lifetime. Just not a human lifetime.

Mike DC

The best advice I ever heard on garage heating was this:

"Visualize the room turned upside-down and filled with water.  Where is the water leaking out?  That is your expensive hot air being wasted." 

Seal up the leaks as best you can. 

RiverRaider

Quote from: poppa on September 26, 2017, 12:28:57 PM
I'm all for info
I used four C15024 1500 watt 240 volt 6.2 amp heaters.  They are little over 106" inches long.  This is the largest size that can be shipped Fed Ex.
I didn't want to deal with truck freight scheduling.  When calculating the required BTU's for my area to be heated I was between the 1500 watts and
1800 watts of the next size up.  Given that I am heating part of a much larger building with only two external walls and the area is well insulated
I chose the smaller size.  I have no regrets with this setup.  No forced air, open flames, or crazy price jumps off LP gas.   I put two heaters equally spaced
along each 45' side wall. Each walls two heaters have there own P8000 Honeywell programmable controller. I don't believe I have $1400 in the whole
set up including conduit, wire and two breakers for the fuse box.  I ran the wires in conduit.
My first Charger was a Stock Car.