News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Another subframe connector install question

Started by oldcarnut, September 20, 2017, 12:45:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

oldcarnut

I have a set of MP SFCs to install. I'm going to weld them in.  Im assuming from what I read I can set the front and rear tires on drive on ramps.  I think I'd rather do that than have the stands under the LCAs. Should be ok right? I searched a lot of other posts but didn't see this question asked.  I rebuilt all my suspension, boxed parts in, and installed bigger torsion bars.  I haven't had the front end aligned or adjust the tbars for height because I will be going to different height tires than what's on it now. Does not having the front suspension set except eyeball close have any effect on putting on the SFCs as long as the weight is setting on the tires?

randy73

I put my front wheels on a ramp and then put the rear axle on stands, make sure the car is level!!!

oldcarnut

I may do it that way too but just not sure if having the torsion bars at not the same settings would build something into the leveling.  May just have to set those closer first

303 Mopar

IMO, car on all fours under load is the way to go to ensure everything fits.  I've done it this way on 4 cars now and it has worked perfect!   :2thumbs:
1968 Charger - 1970 Cuda - 1969 Sport Satellite Convertible