News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Correct PCV Valve

Started by B5 Charger, September 24, 2017, 08:40:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

B5 Charger

Trying to figure out which PCV valve is correct for my late 1968 built 69 Charger.  Mine has the usual aftermarket white plastic part and I've figured out it should be the blackened steel unit.  I've found two styles pictured below.  Anybody still have their original for reference?

A383Wing

which valve covers do you have? If those are OE, that will tell you which valve to use.

If the valve cover has a rubber grommet in it, that one will take the plastic valve

B5 Charger

It has the rubber grommet but I found this photo from an original early build 440 1968 GTX which has the taller PCV.  I guess either one would work since the shorter version was a later model 1969.  Mine being smack in the middle would make it a toss up?   :scratchchin:

John_Kunkel

The shorter version (top pic) with the Pal Nut is usually found in the push-on filler cap.
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.

B5 Charger

Cool, I bought the longer version.  Many thanks!  :2thumbs: