News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Photobucket ads

Started by Fred, October 01, 2017, 10:57:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fred

Ok, I've closed my photobucket account but that hasn't  got rid of their silly adverts (asking for money or saying photo not found) in my posts. (when not logged in)
It's what guests see.
Does anyone have any idea how to get rid of these annoying ads??

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

70 sublime

I think where you see these ads you posted a picture in that thread
You need to go to that thread and remove your picture that you posted from photo bucket to get rid of it
The DodgeCharger.com web site sees that you posted an image and that is what you get till it is gone from the post
next project 70 Charger FJ5 green

JB400

You need to choose Profile in the menu box where you check your pm's. then choose Forum Profile Information.  Then, scroll down to your signature, and delete what's in the box.  That will get rid of that particular ad.

To put a different pic in your sig, I load up the picture into a post just like you would in your
Bird thread, then right click.  Select Properties, highlight the Address (URL), right click, choose Copy, then go back to your Profile menu, right click in your Signature box, then choose Paste.  Make sure you put the Address in the correct img brackets.  

It looks like [img]

XH29N0G

Fred, 

Now I'm confused.

You mean that the cat and Speedo are not part of your signature?
Who in their right mind would say

"The science should not stand in the way of this."? 

Science is just observation and hypothesis.  Policy stands in the way.........

Or maybe it protects us. 

I suppose it depends on the specific case.....

Fred

Hey XH29N0G, you're a funny guy!
:rofl:

Fred

Quote from: JB400 on October 02, 2017, 05:51:55 PM
You need to choose Profile in the menu box where you check your pm's. then choose Forum Profile Information.  Then, scroll down to your signature, and delete what's in the box.  That will get rid of that particular ad.

To put a different pic in your sig, I load up the picture into a post just like you would in your
Bird thread, then right click.  Select Properties, highlight the Address (URL), right click, choose Copy, then go back to your Profile menu, right click in your Signature box, then choose Paste.  Make sure you put the Address in the correct img brackets.  

It looks like [img]

Thanks Stroker, I'll give it a try.

Fred

Good as gold.   :2thumbs:

Now how do I get a new pic in it's place (without using photobucket of course)??

JB400

Bird thread, then right click.  Select Properties, highlight the Address (URL), right click, choose Copy, then go back to your Profile menu, right click in your Signature box, then choose Paste.  Make sure you put the Address in the correct img brackets.

Fred

Testing....

Fred

Well that didn't work.   :shruggy:

JB400

left click and drag to highlight this:

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=130262.0;attach=278422;image
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=130262.0;attach=278423;image

Then right click, choose Copy.  Then go into Profile, click on Forum Profile Information, Type in [img]
Then right click, choose Paste,

JB400

Then type in [/img] afterwards. Then click on Change Profile.

Lets see if this helps :popcrn:

XH29N0G

Fred,

Thank you for not referring to me as a fun guy - that is what my kids call me when I make a bad joke.  funny guy is definitely better.

I followed the advice JB400 gave and inserted the address of your image (above) and it inserted the picture you have into my signature line.  You can probably upload a picture and then copy the URL and use it in the same way.  Good luck. 

Or maybe it protects us. 

Fred

Can you believe it!  Mrs. Fred has figured it out. The reason it wouldn't work.......... I had the "Don't show members signature box" checked. She unchecked it and voila!

Fred

Fred

Quote from: XH29N0G on October 03, 2017, 07:16:52 PM
Fred,

Thank you for not referring to me as a fun guy - that is what my kids call me when I make a bad joke.  funny guy is definitely better.

In my book there's nothing wrong with either. It's all positive!

XH29N0G

Quote from: Fred on October 04, 2017, 12:03:42 AM
Can you believe it!  Mrs. Fred has figured it out. The reason it wouldn't work.......... I had the "Don't show members signature box" checked. She unchecked it and voila!

Wonderful on both counts. 

PS I'd be lost without my better half.

Or maybe it protects us. 

Fred

I think I just proved that to be true also.   :yesnod: