News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

New weatherstrip

Started by 1charger69, October 05, 2017, 11:53:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1charger69

Hey guys......got the new door seal on and my door no longer closes the way it should...i need another quarter inch for proper closing....any tips or suggestions or do i wait till it compresses over time?

Lennard

You have two options.  Use your old ones if you have any or wait till they compress over time.  :icon_smile:

DAY CLONA

Quote from: 1charger69 on October 05, 2017, 11:53:38 PM
Hey guys......got the new door seal on and my door no longer closes the way it should...i need another quarter inch for proper closing....any tips or suggestions or do i wait till it compresses over time?

I wouldn't even waste the time to ask you what mfg of repro door seal you have as I've tried them all over the years on my personal as well as customer's restos and they all suck!, find NOS or nice clean originals, I've bought whole doors at swap meets just to get original door seals, sorry this is your only route... FYI they never compress over time, unless you have a few decades to wait?...

cdr

I used Metro supersoft on mine the doors have closed great from day 1.
LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver
Charger55 by Charlie Keel, on Flickr

Lennard

Quote from: DAY CLONA on October 06, 2017, 06:19:45 AM
FYI they never compress over time, unless you have a few decades to wait?...
I must have special door seals then, because after about 6 months I didn't have to slam the doors anymore and they started closing "normal".