News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Amazing 1000 HP Charger

Started by ncmrer, October 07, 2017, 08:53:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ncmrer

Petty's Garage Announces a 1000hp Dodge Hellcat Package

https://www.torquenews.com/106/pettys-garage-announces-1000hp-dodge-hellcat-package

Frankly, I don't know where can you drive 1000HP car? Only racing I guess.

Ghoste

I don't know either, but it's a great time to be living in the free world.  :drive:
It sounds like there is more there yet, they didn't throw more boost at it, changed some mechanical features.
I would get one if I had the money.

ncmrer

I just don't know any highway in USA where you can use that power.

alfaitalia

....I don't think there are any laws anywhere on how fast you can accelerate....so I guess you can use 1000 brake just about anywhere you choose......just not for very long!!! And speeding is only illegal if you get caught!!!
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you !!

darbgnik

Quote from: alfaitalia on October 07, 2017, 09:31:55 AM
....I don't think there are any laws anywhere on how fast you can accelerate....so I guess you can use 1000 brake just about anywhere you choose......just not for very long!!! And speeding is only illegal if you get caught!!!

Lol, tell that to the cop whop called my "rapid" acceleration in my Viper stunting.....
Brad

1970 Charger 500. Born a 318, AC, console auto, now 440/727
Build thread:  http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,127291.0.html

alfaitalia

....really...what happened about " Land of the Free"? I'd like to see that stand up in court...would be laughed out by the judge over here. Prosecution would need to prove that you were either endangering the life of other road users or your acceleration was such that you were deemed not to be in full control of your vehicle. Neither of which is likely or easily proved.

c00nhunterjoe

That amount of power is only worth it, if you can put it to the pavement

JB400

Outside of a race track, that much power isn't worth having.  Half that is enough. :Twocents:

darbgnik

Quote from: alfaitalia on October 07, 2017, 04:51:03 PM
....really...what happened about " Land of the Free"? I'd like to see that stand up in court...would be laughed out by the judge over here. Prosecution would need to prove that you were either endangering the life of other road users or your acceleration was such that you were deemed not to be in full control of your vehicle. Neither of which is likely or easily proved.

The line here in Canada is: Any behavior deemed a possible distraction to others is considered stunting. I don't agree with that obviously, but I didn't write or interpret the laws.....
Brad

Lennard

Quote from: darbgnik on October 07, 2017, 09:51:26 PM

The line here in Canada is: Any behavior deemed a possible distraction to others is considered stunting. I don't agree with that obviously, but I didn't write or interpret the laws.....
So when the cops drive around with lights and siren, they are stunting.

darbgnik

Quote from: Lennard on October 07, 2017, 11:32:16 PM
Quote from: darbgnik on October 07, 2017, 09:51:26 PM

So when the cops drive around with lights and siren, they are stunting.

Hahaha. Nope they are infallible, much like the Pope, I assume. Same argument could be made for straight piped Harley's, or even yellow Ferrari's for that matter. All distracting.

Their 28 hours of "high performance driver training" also makes them much better drivers than me as well, no matter the years on race tracks, and podiums on multiple endurance races. I could go on and on, as it's a sore spot for me, but it seems as though most would agree with my ramblings anyway.
Brad

Lennard

I agree.  They are the outlaws.

c00nhunterjoe

I can get charged with "excessive acceleration" here in my state. Its open to officer opinion.

Lennard

Quote from: c00nhunterjoe on October 08, 2017, 08:33:22 PM
I can get charged with "excessive acceleration" here in my state. Its open to officer opinion.
Yet I see them drive without a seat belt on, speeding without lights and siren, change lanes without signaling, etc.

gtx6970

Its nothing but bragging rights anymore. Who's got the biggest balls and fattest wallet

Ive driven cars with just 750 hp, and will say that's skating the edge of to much and real easy to get away from you if you're not careful

IMO, stock is just right .

c00nhunterjoe

Quote from: gtx6970 on October 09, 2017, 08:36:17 AM
Its nothing but bragging rights anymore. Who's got the biggest balls and fattest wallet

Ive driven cars with just 750 hp, and will say that's skating the edge of to much and real easy to get away from you if you're not careful

IMO, stock is just right .

Im in that hp range. If the car is setup properly, it is a breeze to drive. Its cars that are not setup for it that get you into trouble. And 1000 hp on street tires is a recipe for disaster.

alfaitalia

Lots of horsepower is much more easily controlled than massive fat amounts of torque. It's torque that breaks the traction and gets you into trouble if you are not fast enough to catch it or skilled enough to control it.  Horse power is only how fast that torque is made.

Mike DC

The Titanic had 50,000 horsepower.  Still wasn't very fast.  

A stripper Dart/Duster with 650 hp would be a similar power-to-weight ratio as a 1000-hp Hellcat.  It's fast and fun but it's nothing unprecedented. 

c00nhunterjoe

Quote from: Mike DC (formerly miked) on October 10, 2017, 07:05:44 AM

A stripper Dart/Duster with 650 hp would be a similar power-to-weight ratio as a 1000-hp Hellcat.  It's fast and fun but it's nothing unprecedented. 

Indeed. Its a one hand on the wheel down the 1/4 cruiser. The hellcat probably drives itself. Hardest part on mine is the stage and launch. Once the wheels come back down its nice and straight.

68X426

It didn't have drag slicks on it.  The power was wasted.

:drive:

The 12 Scariest Words in the English Language:
We are Here from The Government and
We Want to Help You.

1968 Plymouth Road Runner, Hemi and much more
2013 Dodge Challenger RT, Hemi, Plum Crazy
2014 Ram 4x4 Hemi, Deep Cherry Pearl
1968 Dodge Charger, 318, not much else
1958 Dodge Pick Up, 383, loud
1966 Dodge Van, /6, slow

Mike DC

QuoteIt didn't have drag slicks on it.  The power was wasted.

:smilielol:

alfaitalia

Not want a bad effort for the time though......topped out at 22 knots (about 25.3 mph) and at 115.3 million pounds weight the power to weight ratio was not great!

Mike DC

True. 

The ship evidently went fast enough to get itself killed in a collision.  I'm not sure why we would want it going any faster.   

BDF

Quote from: c00nhunterjoe on October 10, 2017, 10:58:46 AM

Indeed. Its a one hand on the wheel down the 1/4 cruiser. The hellcat probably drives itself. Hardest part on mine is the stage and launch. Once the wheels come back down its nice and straight.
Like Wild Willie  😁
(Trying to post pic... :brickwall:)

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=T-JfmuURBqo
Was trying to post the first picture in this tribute video

Troy

Quote from: BDF on October 12, 2017, 11:26:23 PM
Quote from: c00nhunterjoe on October 10, 2017, 10:58:46 AM

Like Wild Willie  😁
(Trying to post pic... :brickwall:)

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=T-JfmuURBqo
Was trying to post the first picture in this tribute video
One of these?

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.