News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Amazing 1000 HP Charger

Started by ncmrer, October 07, 2017, 08:53:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

c00nhunterjoe

No, those things are a handfull to drive. Mine are 10 second grocery getters.  They are very easy to drive down the 1/4. The 63 being slightly more difficult with the push button shift.

BDF

Quote from: Troy on October 15, 2017, 01:20:19 PM
Quote from: BDF on October 12, 2017, 11:26:23 PM
Quote from: c00nhunterjoe on October 10, 2017, 10:58:46 AM
Quote from: Mike DC (formerly miked) on October 10, 2017, 07:05:44 AM

The Titanic had 50,000 horsepower.  Still wasn't very fast.  

A stripper Dart/Duster with 650 hp would be a similar power-to-weight ratio as a 1000-hp Hellcat.  It's fast and fun but it's nothing unprecedented.  

Indeed. Its a one hand on the wheel down the 1/4 cruiser. The hellcat probably drives itself. Hardest part on mine is the stage and launch. Once the wheels come back down its nice and straight.
Like Wild Willie  😁
(Trying to post pic... :brickwall:)

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=T-JfmuURBqo
Was trying to post the first picture in this tribute video
One of these?

Troy

Yes, the first pic 😁
Thanks Troy!

INTMD8

Quote from: ncmrer on October 07, 2017, 09:29:55 AM
I just don't know any highway in USA where you can use that power.

Pretty much all of them.

Drag radials help.

You could arrange for some high horsepower cars to get together at about 3 am, head out onto the highway and get yourself lined up about a mile behind a spotter radioing back to let you know if it's clear or not.

Even if you happen to pass a cop at 180 it takes little effort at that point to not be found.

Hypothetically speaking of course  :coolgleamA:

So, while it can be done, not at all convenient.  In normal day to day driving having 1000+hp is more frustrating than anything as you can rarely open it up. Takes effort to find the right place and the right time.

69 Charger. 438ci Gen2 hemi. Flex fuel. Holley HP efi. 595rwhp 475rwtq