News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Correct Hemi Daytona Fan Blade

Started by 69hemidaytona, October 04, 2017, 11:55:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

69hemidaytona

What is the part number for the fan blade on a Hemi Daytona with an automatic transmission, power steering, and a 3.55 sure grip 8 3/4 axle? It is either 2863215 or 2863216. I just found out I need one and I was told to look for the 216. However the 69 parts book says a Hemi should have a 215. Strangely though the book lists it for a Barracuda or Dart with a Hemi. No mention of a B body Hemi fan blade part number. The 1970 parts book lists the 215 as being the correct part number for a B body fan blade. I was able to find a copy of the broadcast sheet for another Hemi Daytona with an automatic transmission. It shows a 215 as the fan, but that car has the 4.10 Dana rear axle so I don't know if it is indicative of what should be in my car. Any help from people in the know would be much appreciated....Thanks in advance.

hemigeno

Tony,

I have two different Chrysler engineering documents (aside from the aforementioned parts book information) which both show the 215 fan being the only applicable fan for E74 engine applications - whether auto or stick, and regardless of axle ratio.  The four HemiDaytona broadcast sheets I could find (2 auto & 2 stick) all have Build Code 15 shown in the Fan box too.

Personally, I would go with the 2863215 even though it's the smaller (18" vs. 18.5") fan.  That's what the doc's & broadcast sheets show to use.

:cheers:

69hemidaytona

Thanks Gene: I was pretty sure that 215 was correct. I was able to see a copy of the broadcast sheet to an identical twin to my car : engine, driveline, and even exterior and interior colors, and it also says 15 on it. Now I'm finding that some of the 215 fans are inked stamped with the 2863215 part number and others are stamped into one of the fan blades. One of the sellers on ebay says that the ink stamp is for 69 and earlier while the metal stamped version is for 70 and later. Do you or does anybody else have an idea if that is correct?

69hemidaytona

I discovered that the David Spade Daytona had the 215 fan and it had the number stamped into the metal. I have already found an NOS fan that style. Again thank you for your input.

hemigeno

This is what we used on mine... 215, stamped part number

69hemidaytona

That's exactly what I'm going to use on my car as well. If Chrysler had been smarter they would have put the 216 fan on the Daytona considering the overheating problems they were known to have.