News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

David Spade Hemi Daytona for sale

Started by Moparpoolman, October 06, 2017, 06:19:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Moparpoolman

Well, that didn't take long. Paid $990,000  for sale for $880,000  :brickwall: At least ask what you paid  :shruggy:
https://www.hemmings.com/classifieds/cars-for-sale/dodge/daytona/2013938.html#&gid=1&pid=3

odcics2

It's not what you paid, it's what it's worth.    :Twocents:

Guess he overpaid...    :shruggy:
I've never owned anything but a MoPar. Can you say that?

chaaargerb

My guess is he bought it in a way that he can deduct his loss. Maybe as a movie prop. The Dudes got money he gets to buy one of the best Daytona's in the world. Drive it around,Get bragging rights, enjoy the thing and move on. He's probably just like any of us Mopar guy's Always looking for the next ride. :2thumbs:

I was also thinking that he paid $900,000 plus commission of $90,000 So if you don't count the commission he's only asking $20.000 less.
Plus if he took it to auction and they charged 15% seller fee it would cost him $135,000  or even 10% that would be $90,000

Looks like he's selling it for more then he might get at auction. If the car sells for $900,000 again minus 10% = $90,000 he only brings home $810,000.:Twocents:

Mopar John

They should contact the backup bidder from the January 2015 auction and see if he is still interested in the Daytona? :shruggy:
MJ

Aero426

The car is said to have been for sale for a while.    Have to assume the big players out there have known about it.

Despite robust asking prices for ANY Daytona on the market,  things seem a little stale.    

I don't think prices are/will fall like a rock, but it may be a have your fun and get out while you can get most of you money back kind of deal.

Aero426

Quote from: odcics2 on October 06, 2017, 08:08:44 AM
It's not what you paid, it's what it's worth.    :Twocents:

Guess he overpaid...    :shruggy:

He paid what it was worth on that day.  

So how does one person determine what real value is?      Is it just monetary?    Or is it something more?       There's only one Joe Dirt that can say he owns a Hemi Daytona.     That's worth "something" in terms of coolness and enjoyment.    He has the bragging rights.     Dang!!!

Do you remember when Ralph Whitworth bought the #6 Daytona show car from Cotton on Ebay for 800k?    He sold it for $224k.  Now THAT'S a loss!    Most of his blue chip race car collection sold for much less than he paid.     Someone on the HAMB asked him about that.   His response was,   "I've had worse days".    

alfaitalia

I could never afford one....but even if I could I just can't see the value in that particular one.....Hemi or not. Tin wheels and a colour I'd expect to see on a grannies Honda Civic do nothing for me !
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you !!

Aero426

Quote from: alfaitalia on October 06, 2017, 12:28:53 PM
I could never afford one....but even if I could I just can't see the value in that particular one.....Hemi or not. Tin wheels and a colour I'd expect to see on a grannies Honda Civic do nothing for me !

Not much of a wheel choice if you want EZ access spark plugs.   Full hubcaps or steelies.     At least it isn't red or orange.    :smilielol:

odcics2

Any color breakdown on known hemi daytonas?
I've never owned anything but a MoPar. Can you say that?

alfaitalia

Quote from: Aero426 on October 06, 2017, 12:59:34 PM

Not much of a wheel choice if you want EZ access spark plugs.   Full hubcaps or steelies.     At least it isn't red or orange.    :smilielol:

...well..it is a sort of orange.!....with a baby crap brown colour interior!

tan top

Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

Stevetona

For 880k I could buy a decent Daytona, Superbird, 500 and still have enough left to buy a nice house.  :slap:

69hemidaytona

Quote from: Stevetona on October 09, 2017, 08:48:03 AM
For 880k I could buy a decent Daytona, Superbird, 500 and still have enough left to buy a nice house.  :slap:
The best always brings a steep premium over " decent".  On the other hand if all you wanted was the "best" house it would cost about 500 Million.   https://www.cnbc.com/2017/09/27/most-expensive-house-in-the-u-s-worth-500-million.html

Aero426

I guess it all depends on what you want.   :cheers:

An guy locally owns a number of ooh and ahh cars.   An old Aston Martin race car, a GT40, and a Cobra.    They all look real nice and always draw a crowd.    They are also all fakey-doos right down to the ribbons and regalia hung off the dashboard.   Every one of them.   This is a guy who is not rubbing his last two nickels together.     Another fellow I know famously told this guy to his face,  "Why don't you sell all your junk and buy one really good car?"   

DAY CLONA

For 880k I could buy a decent Daytona, Superbird, 500 and still have enough left to buy a nice house.  :slap:

For $880K, I could build/clone myself a half dozen HEMI Daytonas, and a half dozen HEMI Superbirds for a small fleet

69hemidaytona

Or for the price of a original Van Gogh painting you could probably have 10,000 fakes made.

Troy

I saw him on Jay Leno's show and he basically admitted that he got caught up in a bidding frenzy and overpaid. How much did he overpay? I have no idea. That ad is garbage though. Deduct $50k for every spelling and grammar error.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

Old Moparz

Quote from: DAY CLONA on October 09, 2017, 03:51:53 PM
For 880k I could buy a decent Daytona, Superbird, 500 and still have enough left to buy a nice house.  :slap:

For $880K, I could build/clone myself a half dozen HEMI Daytonas, and a half dozen HEMI Superbirds for a small fleet

:2thumbs:  Put me down for one of each.  :cheers:
               Bob                

I Gotta Stop Taking The Bus

5hunert

It would look great with a 15 x 10 Cragars bolted to it, but then the purists would scream.

alfaitalia

....lol.....true .....but not as loudly as they do when anyone puts wheels over 15 inch on any classic MOPAR!!