News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

2019 50th Anniversary Daytona Superbird Event - anything in the planning stages?

Started by Arnie Cunningham, October 09, 2017, 08:14:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

41husk

1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

moparstuart

Quote from: 41husk on October 13, 2017, 11:41:14 AM
spooled 4:11 rear will insure mine will be on a trailor :cheers: :cheers:
me too but i like to ride in confort , no toe and all 
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Daytona R/T SE

Quote from: moparstuart on October 13, 2017, 11:24:37 AM
Quote from: Daytona R/T SE on October 13, 2017, 09:57:22 AM
Quote from: moparstuart on October 13, 2017, 09:04:28 AM
:icon_smile_big: :rofl:
Quote from: 41husk on October 13, 2017, 08:25:43 AM
Maybe I can keep up with you this trip Stuart, since your foot aint as heavy :icon_smile_big: :rotz:
:icon_smile_big: :icon_smile_big: :rofl:  i make chris drive and he has heavy foot

Wait a minute... How did I get pulled into this?😁

Besides I'll probably be miles behind all of you in my motorhome. ;)
different chris  , but you can tag along too , I wont hold my breath for you to have a car   :icon_smile_big:

OK cool.

I'm in.

I'll bring a picture of my car😁

1969daytona

I guess I´ll be driving A rental.  :icon_smile_big:
Hide it and ask nice to sit in a passenger seat.
Or maybe try to buy me a XX and drive that.
MoPar or NO car

taxspeaker

Ernie if you stop in Jeffersonville on the way down you can drive the Daytona and I will drive the alpine Superbird, my son will drive the green Superbird if it is running and not sold.
Bob

held1823

very cool of you to offer. it won't look pretty, but i'm going to do everything i can to get mine on the road by then.

i have a buddy dying to start the body and paint work, but i'm hesitant on taking it apart before the meet.

you, danny, and i will have to caravan down, hopefully with one or two of larry b's wings in tow.
Ernie Helderbrand
XX29L9B409053

Dave Kanofsky

Bring 'em all as they are!  It's more important to be there than to be pretty.  They an get restored afterwards.
"God sent his Son into the world not to judge the world, but to save the world through him." John 3:17, NLT

Racers For Christ Chaplain (www.teamrfc.org)

Mopar John

I agree with Dave in that it is more important to make this once in a life time meet than the condition of the vehicle.
If you can't restore it in the next 2 years get it drivable for the meet and gather parts and cash for the restoration.
MJ

A383Wing

With as many people here and on the Winged Warriors & Aero Cars Facebook page that plan on being there in 2019, I'm thinking we need to book an entire hotel in the area

TheAutoArchaeologist

Quote from: A383Wing on October 14, 2017, 05:08:47 PM
With as many people here and on the Winged Warriors & Aero Cars Facebook page that plan on being there in 2019, I'm thinking we need to book an entire hotel in the area

Every hotel in Alexander City is just about full up with Wing Car owners with the reunion.  You win no matter what.  But if you want a D-C.com one, gotta start planning now.

There will be gatherings at the Museum, the Wellborn home and at Talladega.  

Simonic

[/quote]

Every hotel in Alexander City is just about full up with Wing Car owners with the reunion.  You win no matter what.  But if you want a D-C.com one, gotta start planning now.

[/quote]

Any firm dates yet?
'Dega does not have a '19 race calender
Mopar owner in the UK..

taxspeaker

TheAutoArchaeologist

It should be around this time.  Once the official schedule is released, it will  be nailed down.

1970Moparmann

My name is Mike and I'm a Moparholic!

moparstuart

Quote from: held1823 on October 13, 2017, 09:32:20 PM
very cool of you to offer. it won't look pretty, but i'm going to do everything i can to get mine on the road by then.

i have a buddy dying to start the body and paint work, but i'm hesitant on taking it apart before the meet.

you, danny, and i will have to caravan down, hopefully with one or two of larry b's wings in tow.
I would love to see my future inheritance convertible  in person    :icon_smile_big:

held1823

Quote from: moparstuart on October 16, 2017, 11:20:42 AM

I would love to see my future inheritance convertible  in person    :icon_smile_big:

that's toe-tally his pretend wing car, which hangs out with one each of the hard top types
Ernie Helderbrand
XX29L9B409053

moparstuart

Quote from: held1823 on October 16, 2017, 07:22:46 PM
Quote from: moparstuart on October 16, 2017, 11:20:42 AM

that's toe-tally his pretend wing car, which hangs out with one each of the hard top types
still the best 

wingcar

1970 Daytona Charger SE "clone" (440/Auto)
1967 Charger (360,6-pak/Auto)
2008 Challenger SRT8 BLK (6.1/Auto) 6050 of 6400

Aero426

Quote from: wingcar on October 17, 2017, 08:25:55 AM
Anyone know of RV parks nearby........

There is a state park about 15 min from the museum.
http://www.alapark.com/wind-creek-state-park
If you are self contained, the rig parking lot on Hwy 280 has worked for folks in the past.    It is a large strip mall parking lot.   That has been where the trailers have gone.    Unless something has changed drastically, I expect that is where they will be.   It's not walking distance, but if you are not bringing another car to drive, you can snag a ride over to the house or museum.

1969daytona

MoPar or NO car

Simonic

Mopar owner in the UK..

Luis9995

Quote from: taxspeaker on October 13, 2017, 08:30:40 PM
Ernie if you stop in Jeffersonville on the way down you can drive the Daytona and I will drive the alpine Superbird, my son will drive the green Superbird if it is running and not sold.
Bob

You're deciding to sell it afterall?