News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

2019 50th Anniversary Daytona Superbird Event - anything in the planning stages?

Started by Arnie Cunningham, October 09, 2017, 08:14:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

1969daytona

Is it a weekend happening or?
Wellborn on Saturday oct. 12?
Talladega on Sunday oct 13?

Never been aeromeet before. So it maybe obvious for you guys.

A this point we are 3 people from Norway to take the trip.

Thank you

K-E
MoPar or NO car

hemi68charger

Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

69_500

Mopar John

With the 2018 Talladega event this weekend I thought I would bring this back to the top!
You have one year to get ready for the chance in a lifetime AERO car event that may never be repeated again!
Hope to see you all there!
MJ

A383Wing

held1823

Ernie Helderbrand
XX29L9B409053

moparstuart

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

TheAutoArchaeologist

There will be an update here shortly with all the dates and times.  When it's ready, I'll make a new post with all the information.

taxspeaker

Ryan

Like everyone, I am looking forward to the information when you have it. Planning on bringing all 4 of my wingcars and have marked off the calendar already. There is a 50/50 chance of a 5th wingcar I will bring (2nd Daytona) that is hidden in the hills here in southern indiana-it has been unknown for 40 years, but is not really a barn find, just not shown or displayed. Since I can't pull all 4 on 1 trailer, I guess Reliable Transportation will have trailers going there?
Bob

hergfest

TheAutoArchaeologist

Quote from: taxspeaker on October 15, 2018, 07:21:05 PM
Ryan

Like everyone, I am looking forward to the information when you have it. Planning on bringing all 4 of my wingcars and have marked off the calendar already. There is a 50/50 chance of a 5th wingcar I will bring (2nd Daytona) that is hidden in the hills here in southern indiana-it has been unknown for 40 years, but is not really a barn find, just not shown or displayed. Since I can't pull all 4 on 1 trailer, I guess Reliable Transportation will have trailers going there?
Bob

I can swap to it on my way down, and swap it out on my way home......

birdsandbees

Hoping for a full list Devil and the recommended hotel(s) etc for this gathering, as well as how to get tickets to attend everything.

Working hard to get my 'Bird down there... from up here in chilly Ontario! Just gotta get my Bee done first so I can start cleaning up the Bird. :yesnod:
1970 'Bird RM23UOA170163
1969 'Bee WM21H9A230241
1969 Dart Swinger LM23P9B190885
1967 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S
1966 Plymouth Satellite HP2 - 9941 original miles
1964 Dodge 440 62422504487

69_500

held1823

Ernie Helderbrand
XX29L9B409053

Aero426

Quote from: taxspeaker on October 15, 2018, 07:21:05 PM
Ryan
I guess Reliable Transportation will have trailers going there?
Bob

No, but you can hire a shipper and get a couple guys to tag along.   

TheAutoArchaeologist

Quote from: birdsandbees on October 15, 2018, 08:12:36 PM
Hoping for a full list Devil and the recommended hotel(s) etc for this gathering, as well as how to get tickets to attend everything.

Working hard to get my 'Bird down there... from up here in chilly Ontario! Just gotta get my Bee done first so I can start cleaning up the Bird. :yesnod:

Here's the list of Hotels at least.  Tickets will be up on the Wellborn site when it's all ready.

Super 8 by Wyndham Alexander City
Days Inn by Wyndham Alexander City
Quality Inn
Hampton Inn Alexander City
American Inn - Alexander City

This is the only one that is not recommended, but still around in an emergency.
Bob White Motel

birdsandbees

Thanks! So what would check in day be?.. the day before everything starts? What day would that be and until when?

If I haul down with my truck and 24' enclosed, what's the drill for parking.. assuming car comes out of trailer and is what gets parked at hotel with everyone else's cars. I hear there is a "rig" yard somewhere.
1970 'Bird RM23UOA170163
1969 'Bee WM21H9A230241

Aero426

Quote from: birdsandbees on October 16, 2018, 11:15:31 AM
Thanks! So what would check in day be?.. the day before everything starts? What day would that be and until when?

If I haul down with my truck and 24' enclosed, what's the drill for parking.. assuming car comes out of trailer and is what gets parked at hotel with everyone else's cars. I hear there is a "rig" yard somewhere.

If nothing has changed, Thursday the 10th will be Atlanta Motor Speedway for track laps.   There will likely be a hotel in the Atlanta area Wednesday night the 9th if you plan to attend.    Otherwise, everything moves to Alexander City by Thursday night.     There is no reason to get into Alexander City earlier than Thursday.  

Most of the hotels do not have room for trailers.     In the past, we use a large shopping center parking lot nearby for the trailers and motor homes.    Most people will keep their cars at the hotels.  

On the list of hotels, the other non-recommended place is the American Inn.     Several people managed to escape there the last time after checking in.     Here is a review from someone who stayed there during the recent race weekend a few days ago.  

birdsandbees

THANKS! I assume hotels will book up pretty fast and would be best to get something soon, even if I need to cancel as the event gets closer? I haven't been to Alabama in 29 years.

Is everything done by the Sunday.. so check out Monday?? Or ??
1970 'Bird RM23UOA170163
1969 'Bee WM21H9A230241

TheAutoArchaeologist

Quote from: birdsandbees on October 16, 2018, 08:13:06 PM
THANKS! I assume hotels will book up pretty fast and would be best to get something soon, even if I need to cancel as the event gets closer? I haven't been to Alabama in 29 years.

Is everything done by the Sunday.. so check out Monday?? Or ??

Sunday is Talladega, so it depends on how deep you get into it.  You can head out after the laps and such.  Many people hang around for the race, which lasts into the afternoon.  So it is up to you.  But the Talladega laps and such are the end of the reunion events.

Aero426

The trailers come with us up to the track.    There is plenty of room.    Very few people go back to Alex City on Sunday night.    Being southeast of the track, it's an hour in the wrong direction for most people headed home.  

talkiemopar

Aero426

Quote from: talkiemopar on October 16, 2018, 09:41:51 PM
Which hotel will be the headquarter hotel ??    :shruggy:  Rick.

Whichever one you are staying at.    :icon_smile_big:

There is no particular host hotel.   There isn't one big enough for all of us.   

5hunert

Quote from: Aero426 on October 16, 2018, 09:45:52 PM
Quote from: talkiemopar on October 16, 2018, 09:41:51 PM
Which hotel will be the headquarter hotel ??    :shruggy:  Rick.

Whichever one you are staying at.    :icon_smile_big:

There is no particular host hotel.   There isn't one big enough for all of us.   

Most important, which hotel will have the biggest parties?  :cheers:

1969daytona

Quote from: Aero426 on October 16, 2018, 01:22:36 PM
Quote from: birdsandbees on October 16, 2018, 11:15:31 AM

If nothing has changed, Thursday the 10th will be Atlanta Motor Speedway for track laps.   There will likely be a hotel in the Atlanta area Wednesday night the 9th if you plan to attend.    Otherwise, everything moves to Alexander City by Thursday night.     There is no reason to get into Alexander City earlier than Thursday.  

Most of the hotels do not have room for trailers.     In the past, we use a large shopping center parking lot nearby for the trailers and motor homes.    Most people will keep their
cars at the hotels.  

On the list of hotels, the other non-recommended place is the American Inn.     Several people managed to escape there the last time after checking in.     Here is a review from someone who stayed there during the recent race weekend a few days ago.  

Is the Atlanta Motor Speedway laps on Thursday A part of the reunion program?

Thank You

K-E
MoPar or NO car