News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

NAPA/SONOMA FIRES

Started by BDF, October 09, 2017, 06:51:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BDF

Our turn for prayers, please. It's a booger here. 9 fire related deaths reported.
No containment yet...

Fred

Just shocking!
Our thoughts and prayers are with you all.

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

68X426

Over about an 18 hour period there are 10 known dead, 1500 homes destroyed, and nearly 100,000 acres burned in many multiple locations.

In Southern California these winds are called the Santa Ana winds.  In Northern CA they don't really have a name because there are not too common.  But just as deadly when they strike and when there's a spark.  They blew all night at 50 and 60 miles per hour.

We will pray for all.

The 12 Scariest Words in the English Language:
We are Here from The Government and
We Want to Help You.

1968 Plymouth Road Runner, Hemi and much more
2013 Dodge Challenger RT, Hemi, Plum Crazy
2014 Ram 4x4 Hemi, Deep Cherry Pearl
1968 Dodge Charger, 318, not much else
1958 Dodge Pick Up, 383, loud
1966 Dodge Van, /6, slow

Kern Dog

Member JohhnyCharger lives either in or near Napa. I hope he and his family are ok.   :pity:

DeltaV

A horrible catastrophe.

Prayers sent for everyone.
Don't fight a battle if you don't gain anything by winning. - Erwin Rommel

Fred

BDF

Quote from: Kern Dog on October 09, 2017, 08:48:23 PM
Member JohhnyCharger lives either in or near Napa. I hope he and his family are ok.   :pity:
He and family are OK. I heard from him last night.  :2thumbs:

BDF

Quote from: Fred on October 09, 2017, 10:03:02 PM
Back in 2009 we had the deadliest bush fires ever here in Victoria.
173 people lost their lives and over 400 people were injured. And the loss of live stock was something shocking
Just horrendous!

https://www.google.com.au/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=3&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwjtrJS8h-XWAhWGFJQKHU7nCZEQFgg4MAI&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.nma.gov.au%2Fonline_features%2Fdefining_moments%2Ffeatured%2Fblack-saturday-bushfires&usg=AOvVaw2_9g5rd0ScSyFTTu21QLBi
I remember that. It was unbelievable. This is the 3rd year in a row for huge fires here.

Fred

Quote from: BDF on October 10, 2017, 09:04:21 AM
Quote from: Fred on October 09, 2017, 10:03:02 PM
Back in 2009 we had the deadliest bush fires ever here in Victoria.
173 people lost their lives and over 400 people were injured. And the loss of live stock was something shocking
Just horrendous!

https://www.google.com.au/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=3&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwjtrJS8h-XWAhWGFJQKHU7nCZEQFgg4MAI&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.nma.gov.au%2Fonline_features%2Fdefining_moments%2Ffeatured%2Fblack-saturday-bushfires&usg=AOvVaw2_9g5rd0ScSyFTTu21QLBi
I remember that. It was unbelievable.

Yes and only 30 mins away from us.

Quote from: BDF on October 10, 2017, 09:04:21 AM
This is the 3rd year in a row for huge fires here.

Very tragic indeed. Sure do hope you all come out of it unscathed.

68X426

Correction from an earlier post.  These winds do have a name in Northern California, they are called Diablos.  I had not seen that used in the past.

Now at 15 dead, 200 missing, over 2000 homes destroyed, and no let up in sight.  :'(

We Want to Help You.

1966 Dodge Van, /6, slow

Kern Dog

Quote from: BDF on October 10, 2017, 09:01:37 AM
Quote from: Kern Dog on October 09, 2017, 08:48:23 PM
He and family are OK. I heard from him last night.  :2thumbs:

Thank you. I don't like the thought of any decent person being caught up in this mess.

johnnycharger

Hi Kerndog and all
Thank you for your concern. We were without power and cellular service for a couple of days. Smoke is so thick we can just about swim through it. We are very blessed. Many are really struggling. 

Kern Dog

Oh man... Glad you popped in. Sorry for what is happening to so many of your neighbors, man.  :flame: Nobody should have to go through this hell.

johnnycharger

Thanks buddy. That means a lot.  It has been a bit crazy. Brent''s area is high risk at the moment. As long as these winds don't f us tonight we should be ok.

Kern Dog

The Wife rad that West Fairfield is under a evacuation warning. If the fires shift southward, they are expected to clear out.
I wonder where all these people are going to go? You can't expect motels to accomodate thousands of displaced people. They probably still need to work so they can't just stay with relatives 300 miles away.

Fred

Watching the devistation on TV at the moment.
I just hope there are no arseholes there lending a helping hand!

johnnycharger

Quote from: Fred on October 12, 2017, 12:37:57 AM
Watching the devistation on TV at the moment.
I just hope there are no arseholes there lending a helping hand!
There are lots of rumors of arsenists. Even Facebook "videos" that are as clear as sasquatch evidence. 

68X426

I'm 2+ hours away to the east of Napa.  In the very rural Sierra foothills.  We had arsonists all summer long here, hundreds of fires going off along road sides on the remote back roads.  Each weekend in July thru September there were dozens of fires lit.  Non-stop action for the firefighters.  Then it stopped 2 weeks ago.

These arsonists are genuine assholes.  I have no doubt they did their evil on that windy night last Sunday.

Or else it was the cows who throw their cigarette butts in the bushes.  Doubtful though, the cows are real good about using their ashtrays.

We Want to Help You.

1966 Dodge Van, /6, slow

Fred

This is what I'll never comprehend. How mentally disturbed must a person be to want to see other people suffer so terribly. All this loss of life including live stock and wild life. All this destruction of property. All this misery.........to what end.
Life throws enough shit our way without some heartless moron adding to it.
But the law is to lenient, sentences not nearly severe enough...a slap on the wrist in most cases and they're back among us.

And then to show off their handy work on facebook.......  monsters!!!

BDF

Quote from: johnnycharger on October 11, 2017, 11:28:37 PM
Thanks buddy. That means a lot.  It has been a bit crazy. Brent''s area is high risk at the moment. As long as these winds don't f us tonight we should be ok.

We're OK above St Helena for now, no evac notices but very bad smoke.Thought we may have to leave last night 😳but conditions changed. The fire is moving away & favorable winds forecast tonight & that could change any time.
Packed & ready to go if need be, thanks for the prayers!  :cheers:

John_Kunkel

Fires in Napa consumed a '63 Sport Fury Max Wedge convertible under restoration...I'm sure lots of other vintage iron was lost.
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.

BDF

My wife & 66% of the cats are headed to safety  :icon_smile_big:
Better safe than sorry as getting off the hill in an emergency would be no easy task.
Only 2 routes out and when conditions change, 1 or none.
I'm at the little airport 1/4 mile from home where CAL FIRE has set up a heli-base and there is cell service.
This morning I walked the line thanking them all for being here & got some pics.
Some impressive birds heres from all over the west coast, San Bernadino to Aurora, OR.
Had a nice chat with the Black Hawk crew.
Praise the LORD for fire-fighters!

Kern Dog

No kidding. I remember the words after 9/11...."When others ran out of the building, they ran IN."
There is something unique about the type of person that chooses that career.  :2thumbs:

Fred

Quote from: BDF on October 13, 2017, 07:44:13 PM

Praise the LORD for fire-fighters!

You can say that again.  :2thumbs:
I believe some of our fire fighters are on their way to help out. Don't know how much of a difference it will make but it can't hurt.

BDF

Looks like we're next on the list.

http://www.nixle.us/9MTS5

Glad my wife is safely away!
                   :popcrn: