News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Hemi bird hits Toronto auction

Started by BIG ZAZA, September 06, 2017, 09:43:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Beep Beep Dave

Thanks sold for sticker 10 years later at $5200!

Dave
'69-1/2 SIXPACK/SIXBBL REGISTRY On-Line Registry for the Lift Off Hood cars!!!
Maple Leaf Mopars your Canadian Mopar site.

1970 Charger R/T

BIG ZAZA

"Hmmm.....Ok. But if you go into that much detail, where are the paint runs and the poorly finished interior paint, the bad panel gaps. etc etc. IMO you either make it as it should have been built in an ideal no expenses spared world that no factory could/would do in the 60s/70s (like this car mainly is).....or you try to do it as Day One, which to be honest you never really see except on those very rare mint, stored survivors."

As I said in the previous post. I did not restore the car.

When you take a job like this which was already restored and you need to work with a car that's already over restored adding the runs and factory imperfections will be out of place. Secondly the majority of the people want it without the crazy factory look.

I would probably be able to say that 15% of the restorations we do want the full factory look.

Ghoste

Out of curiousity, does anyone know how long ago the engine was restamped in this car? 

BIG ZAZA

Quote from: Ghoste on September 19, 2017, 07:21:26 AM
Out of curiousity, does anyone know how long ago the engine was restamped in this car? 

The car had the hemi in it when the car came into Canada. The previous owner believed it was a matching numbers car.

Timeframe was early nineties I think

BIG ZAZA

The hemibird was auctioned of today.

Total with auction fee is $435000 Canadian Funds.