News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Comp cams nitride

Started by justcruisin, October 14, 2017, 02:12:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

justcruisin

Been waiting on a Comp FT nitrided cam through Summit since July, they told me yesterday that Comp no longer offers their nitride service, anyone got the low down on that?

Kern Dog

I looked into it a few years back when I was cam shopping and there was a LOT of indifference out there. Comp didn't know , Summit didn't know....

PRH

I get them all the time.

It usually takes about two weeks to get done.
It's a 30hr process, and you're just on line waiting your turn.

If you've been waiting "months", I'd just cancel the order and get it through someone else.
Porter Racing Heads......Building and racing Mopars since 1980

justcruisin

Well, the cam turned up today, the cam card says - (SPC INSTR 1: Nitride Camshaft). Looks like it has been done but it is the first cam I have had nitrided, it is blacker than normal, how do you tell. Also, does it have any bearing on the oil/dist drive gear.

Bronzedodge

I watched Jim D at Racer Brown nitride his cams.  They do come out black, sounds like you should be good.
Mopar forever!

c00nhunterjoe

Quote from: Bronzedodge on November 15, 2017, 09:27:36 PM
I watched Jim D at Racer Brown nitride his cams.  They do come out black, sounds like you should be good.

Jimmy is a master craftsman. The time he takes to get a cam perfect is matched by no other company.

PRH

Quote from: Bronzedodge on November 15, 2017, 09:27:36 PM

I think you're confusing "plasma ion nitriding" with simple "parkerizing".

Not even remotely the same thing.

Google it.
Porter Racing Heads......Building and racing Mopars since 1980

Bronzedodge

Mopar forever!