News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

AMD FENDERS

Started by charged2dmax, October 14, 2017, 07:08:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

charged2dmax

HAS ANYONE USED AMD FENDERS FOR A 69 CHARGER   HOW DID THEY FIT AND WAS THERE A LOT OF BODY WORK INVOLVED

green69rt

Quote from: charged2dmax on October 14, 2017, 07:08:33 PM
HAS ANYONE USED AMD FENDERS FOR A 69 CHARGER   HOW DID THEY FIT AND WAS THERE A LOT OF BODY WORK INVOLVED

I used front fenders and rear quarters.  I don't think there is a way of predicting if they fit good or not, it's kind of a crap shoot.  Mine fit fairly well, some of the gaps weren't the best but that may be my amateur skills.  The biggest concern I have is that the front of the fender profile didn't match the stock profile.

Look at reply #298 in this thread and you'll see what I'm talking about.  Then look at reply #411 for more info.

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,54582.275.html

charged2dmax

thanks for your input     heres my story , started with this great deal of a project  practically stole this  69  . i have a 68 charger i completely restored  but went old school . 440 4 spd all old tech  nice  car but want to go new this time   bought a 392 hemi complete system    cleveland pap.  now im pot committed and even though i have mig welded all new patches and done body work on original fenders im just thinking going new as pretty much all the body is new  so i dont have a problem buying these new ones as long as the profiles line up .   again thanks so much for your help

69bronzeT5

My buddy bought new AMD fenders for his old '69 R/T SE. The driver side gap was way off between the front door edge and the back of the fender. There was a big gap mid way down. Passenger side was fine.  :shruggy:
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1971 Charger R/T: B5 Blue 440 Automatic
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1970 GTO: 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: 340 Automatic

green69rt

Quote from: 69bronzeT5 on October 15, 2017, 07:45:21 PM
My buddy bought new AMD fenders for his old '69 R/T SE. The driver side gap was way off between the front door edge and the back of the fender. There was a big gap mid way down. Passenger side was fine.  :shruggy:

Yeap, a crap shoot.  But you should expect this.  If it comes out better then great.  These old car are all over the place as far as alignment, twist, collision, fit etc.  Good luck!

charger_fan_4ever

First off are you on facebook ? on the 2nd gen page a guy is selling rust free oem 69 fenders for $400 each.

The first batch of door skins the c scallops were too long. I sent them pictures of the mistake years ago. The marker light hole in the rear 70 1/4s was not even straight.

Only thing i can say is maybe they have worked some kinks out now and maybe the front fenders are ok ? best bet go see a vendor that has one in stock. compare your old fender to it.

gtx6970

HAS ANYONE USED AMD FENDERS FOR A 69 CHARGER   HOW DID THEY FIT AND WAS THERE A LOT OF BODY WORK INVOLVED

I used a drivers side on a 1968.
2 things I noticed. the profile where the door meets it on top isn't anywhere near right. Ended up welding a bead around the edge of the fender and shaping it with a file to match the door
2nd, the profile around where the grill insets into it is not the same as OEM,. Not much different ,,,but enough you can tell if you have one of each on the car .
Otherwise I had no complaints

charger_fan_4ever

Quote from: gtx6970 on October 16, 2017, 02:58:49 PM
HAS ANYONE USED AMD FENDERS FOR A 69 CHARGER   HOW DID THEY FIT AND WAS THERE A LOT OF BODY WORK INVOLVED

I used a drivers side on a 1968.
2 things I noticed. the profile where the door meets it on top isn't anywhere near right. Ended up welding a bead around the edge of the fender and shaping it with a file to match the door
2nd, the profile around where the grill insets into it is not the same as OEM,. Not much different ,,,but enough you can tell if you have one of each on the car .
Otherwise I had no complaints

Truly wonder what they used for parts to make the stamps. Like i said the scallop on the door skin was too long. how did that happen.

ACUDANUT

what other choice do you have ? :shruggy:

aerolith

I saw some early stamped 69 AMD fenders and thought, gotta get some rustfree originals...

Well I spent an absolute fortune on some ''rustfree'' originals and even though they weren't actually RUSTFREE, they are ORIGINAL!!! :2thumbs:

So in my book, AMD Quarters is OK but original fenders are a MUST!!! :patriot: :patriot: :patriot:

How much did I pay for my Cali fenders?

The guy asked how much are new 69 AMD's ''$600 I think'', then that's what these ORIGINALS are then... :eek2:

Sounds dear, but hey he was asking $1000, I thought that was gonna be a pair (NOPE 'EACH')... :slap:
Never send to know, for whom the bell tolls,
IT TOLLS FOR THEE...

John Donne 1623