News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

71 Superbee Window Trims

Started by Simonic, October 18, 2017, 10:56:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Simonic

Mopar owner in the UK..

CDN72SE

I will be looking into getting some as well, http://www.dixierestorationparts.com/shop-now.html Topcat Whiskers, I wonder if they are the same.
1972 Charger SE

ACUDANUT

Price ?  BTW, I never understood how a Super bee and a Charger looked the same.

Simonic

Price is not particularly an issue for me.They just need to fit correctly,look right and do the job.
Mopar owner in the UK..

69bfan

Classic uses a combination of PUI and Top Cat Window felts.  If you look to the right of the sales ad from Classic, you will see the PUI Interior logo indicating that for this application, that it is supplied by PUI.  The trouble with that is that PUI buys the Top Cat Window felts to fill voids in their product line.  The PUI line will first use their own in store brand of felts, FPAP, where they can.  The FPAP brand in some cases are basically identical to the Top Cat brand.  In other cases, there are variations in materials used.  That is why the difference in pricing.  In developing the Top Cat felts, Dave has made it a point to use the most correct materials as possible.  I have been involved in the development of the Top Cat felts for over 28 years and they are still evolving.  Another area of concern is that many of our vendors had rather stock the more generic 8 piece application over the more complete 10 piece kit.  Unless you specifically ask, you will not be getting the complete kit and paying the same as what we put out for the complete kit.
Check out our website at www.restorationpartsandmaterials.com to see a partial listing of the Mopar window felts that are offered.  This listing is 85% complete for the Mopars and then you have to add in the GM and Ford applications to get and understanding of how many felts that are available.
If you check out in the "Group Buy / Special Savings" section of this site, I have listed several sets of felts at a reduced price for members of this site.  If any questions or concerns on the felts, drop me a message or email and we will try to clear up any issues.
Thanks,
Richard
Restoration Parts and Materials
Weatherstripping is our specialty, but we stock a wide assortment of restoration needs.
www.restorationpartsandmaterials.com