News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Accidental alignment

Started by tucknroll, October 20, 2017, 07:49:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tucknroll

Put new tie rods on the car and adjusted the camber.  Planed on getting an alignment but when I drove it, it felt perfect.  Steering wheel was straight and didn't pull either way at all. Is it possible I lucked up or should I still take it to get checked? Thanks. -1969 charger

randy73

take it to get it checked, an alignment is a lot less then 2 tires.

Kern Dog

I once swapped in Fast Ratio idler and Pitman arms and took the car to the shop. The man had integrity...He told me the car checked out within my specs as it was and he did not charge me.

tucknroll

The tires ain't great so I'm thinking bout driving it a little and see how it goes

XH29N0G

I would get it checked. I once had a car that drove straight but wore the treads off both front tires because the toe was off.
Who in their right mind would say

"The science should not stand in the way of this."? 

Science is just observation and hypothesis.  Policy stands in the way.........

Or maybe it protects us. 

I suppose it depends on the specific case.....

tucknroll

Another question,  on the passenger side, the end on the sway bar bumps the lower control arm when turned hard right.  Can I adjust the bar away from it or is it probably bent. Looks ok, just buts against the lca on hard right turns

Highbanked Hauler

Quote from: tucknroll on October 20, 2017, 05:32:58 PM
Another question,  on the passenger side, the end on the sway bar bumps the lower control arm when turned hard right.  Can I adjust the bar away from it or is it probably bent. Looks ok, just buts against the lca on hard right turns

It shouldn't be that close, if one side is closer than the other the mounting bracket is probably bent. I am assuming it is a factory type ?
69 Charger 500, original owner  
68 Charger former parts car in process of rebuilding
92 Cummins Turbo Diesel
04 PT Cruiser

tucknroll