News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Calif. Fires Arsonist Suspect Under Arrest

Started by 68X426, October 20, 2017, 03:26:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

68X426

To the Mods: Right now I post only for general discussion and to raise awareness level.  No politics.

So authorities arrested a suspect for the alleged arson that killed 42 people and destroyed 8400 homes and structures.

From the local Santa Rosa newspaper: http://www.pressdemocrat.com/news/7529964-181/suspected-arsonist-arrested-in-Sonoma

He is an illegal alien.  Now the battle starts over his rights in a sanctuary state.  He is only a suspect at this time.

The 12 Scariest Words in the English Language:
We are Here from The Government and
We Want to Help You.

1968 Plymouth Road Runner, Hemi and much more
2013 Dodge Challenger RT, Hemi, Plum Crazy
2014 Ram 4x4 Hemi, Deep Cherry Pearl
1968 Dodge Charger, 318, not much else
1958 Dodge Pick Up, 383, loud
1966 Dodge Van, /6, slow

68X426

Another side to the story is that the local sheriff says the suspect is unlikely to be the arsonist.  He and Immigration have plenty to say on the topic.

https://patch.com/california/sonomavalley/sonoma-co-arson-arrest-sheriff-responds-ices-request-hold-suspect

We Want to Help You.

1966 Dodge Van, /6, slow

Lennard

On the radio news they said that lightning started it. I guess they don't really know.

Kern Dog

If the man is responsible, I'd be only one person in a LONG line willing to flip the switch on his electric chair.

68X426

Quote from: Lennard on October 20, 2017, 03:52:29 PM
On the radio news they said that lightning started it. I guess they don't really know.

Investigators will eventually find the cause.  A month or two and they will nail it.

This amateur states it was arson.  We have some great cops and fire people who will figure when, how, and whom.

fwiw - not a cloud in the sky that day, it was the windiest day of the year (50 mph plus), no humidity, and 20 fires went off in a half day, road sides, all in the right places for a disaster.

So it is possible it was a power pole(s) falling over.  Could be.  I don't think so.

Arsonists are evil.

We Want to Help You.

1966 Dodge Van, /6, slow

BDF

This alert came in yesterday afternoon (Thursday, 19th).
This is developing.... :popcrn:

http://www.nixle.us/alert/6216269/

Stories change a lot over time until finally sorted out.
Thoughts and prayers to those less fortunate than I.

68X426

Repeat of the story above.  The suspect is under arrest, and the sheriff confirmed.

Arrest is for felony arson.  It may or may not be the person who did.  The fact is he is off the streets.

We Want to Help You.

1966 Dodge Van, /6, slow

BDF

Quote from: 68X426 on October 20, 2017, 07:59:05 PM
Repeat of the story above.  The suspect is under arrest, and the sheriff confirmed.

Arrest is for felony arson.  It may or may not be the person who did.  The fact is he is off the streets.

YES!  :2thumbs:

Mytur Binsdirti

Quote from: Kern Dog on October 20, 2017, 03:56:19 PM
If the man is responsible, I'd be only one person in a LONG line willing to flip the switch on his electric chair.

Fred

Quote from: BDF on October 20, 2017, 10:06:08 PM
Quote from: 68X426 on October 20, 2017, 07:59:05 PM

YES!  :2thumbs:

They may have caught him yes but if it's anything like over here he'll get a slap on the wrist at most. The law is far to lenient.

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

alfaitalia

If it's the right man of course. Innocent until proven guilty and all that. Must be a very difficult thing to prove. From what I've read (U.K. news) there must have been several starting points for the fire....some of which could have been accidental or natural. So not only have you got to prove he started it and started it deliberately you have to prove which one he started. Im amazed anyone is ever convicted of arson without video or dna evidence.
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you !!

Mike DC

Look into the suspect's history.  

This is an enormous-scale blaze and the man is 29 years old.  If he is guilty then this won't be his first rodeo.  

Ponch ®

Then theres this model citizen.
http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/man-drives-california-immigration-rally-minor-injuries-50748048

No politics, but the guy is a ChiMo. Therefore, everyone who shares his views must be one as well.
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

68X426

Yes, he needs serious prison time.  He's evil.

We Want to Help You.

1966 Dodge Van, /6, slow