News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

VIN Help on potential purchase

Started by rydog1130, October 21, 2017, 03:35:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

68X426

The 12 Scariest Words in the English Language:
We are Here from The Government and
We Want to Help You.

1968 Plymouth Road Runner, Hemi and much more
2013 Dodge Challenger RT, Hemi, Plum Crazy
2014 Ram 4x4 Hemi, Deep Cherry Pearl
1968 Dodge Charger, 318, not much else
1958 Dodge Pick Up, 383, loud
1966 Dodge Van, /6, slow

moparstuart

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

alfaitalia

Buy it, part it out, spend the resultant cash on a legit Charger...problem solved!
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you !!

Ghoste

Dragon Slayer

Many of these cars where bought and sold as parts car and without legal title transfer in the day.  Now that parts are available and almost anything can be restored; this stuff is being reassembled into a sellable condition for full restoration.  We have had plenty of cases around here where a titled car has been seized because it was not legally titled some how and a previous owner surfaced.  You don't get a arrested you just lose all the money spent, when the car is taken from you.  Then there are the states that are more hard core and a state trooper is sent out to inspect the car, especially for one where your trying to get it titled with a mismatch.  Why go to all the risk.

rydog1130

So I bought the car for 2k, I have yet to decided if I want to part it out or have the dmv here issue a new title. The process is pretty simple (as long as it isn't stolen) and cost about $45. I'll keep you guys posted
2009 Challenger R/T

rydog1130

Car checked out ok per Michigan DMV and they are issuing new vin and title. I'm going to keep the car and bring it back to life for my own purposes. Thanks for all the help everyone
2009 Challenger R/T

sdweatherman

Sounds like a good plan. Good luck!
Scott.
1971 Plymouth Satellite Sebring Plus GY8/318/Auto
1971 Plymouth Satellite Sebring Plus GB7/318/Auto factory Sunroof
1972 Plymouth Satellite Sebring Plus EV2/400/Auto factory Sunroof

ACUDANUT

A title in hand is worth more than 2 in the bush.  :cheers: