News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Holley Dual Sync Distributor

Started by 69Chrgr, October 22, 2017, 07:54:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

69Chrgr

Has anyone had any experience installing a Holley Dual Sync distributor, specifically with Indy EZ heads? Getting all my parts together for my conversion to EFI with a Holley Sniper system. I recently found a 337 intake and I'm having Larry Smith at Flowtech port the manifold to my Max Wedge Indy's. I purchased the distributor from Andy Finkbeiner yesterday.

Thanks
Darren

komninon

http://www.hotrod.com/articles/holley-hp-efi-install/

i am doing the same conversion . exact same heads and intake. i was told the distributor will clear the ez heads with little grinding.
according to this article it does not. i hope it does........

69Chrgr

Actually that's who I bought my distributor from. Andy Finkbeiner who did that build. Andy said it would fit, but maybe he meant I might have to do a little grinding. Oh well.

69Chrgr

Would like to see pics of folks who had to grind their heads for distributor clearance.

komninon

the person that i am buying the holley hp system, told me i can also grind the base of the distributor...
i don not know if this is a good idea though.

komninon

did you install the distributor yet? Holley has 20% off and was thinking to buy it.
thanks

komninon

just did my distributor

you need to grind the head 1/8 of a inch
you need to grind the base of distributor more than 1/4 of a inch
you need to trim the distributor cap

it is sad that we have to do this to new parts.....hope it is worth the time and money
if you need pictures send me a massage so i can send you pics from my cell phone

c00nhunterjoe

69Chrgr

c00nhunterjoe

metallicareload99

Forgive my ignorance, but what is the point of a dual sync distributor with throttle body fuel injection?
1968, When Dinosaurs Ruled The Earth

BLK 68 R/T

You can control the timing electronically with some of the TBI setups.