News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Overspray settlement on dash removal tips?

Started by oldcarnut, October 25, 2017, 08:47:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

oldcarnut

I don't have any direct spray but a dusting of overspray settling on the dash I want to remove safely. It involves plastic, clear coat, dyed/painted dash parts.  Some of it's dust before drying but some evidently was still wet mist droplets from in the air. I know can't use thinner or anything else that will take off more than the overspray.  I searched but all I saw was brake fluid, goof off, or wax/grease remover used on hard unpainted surfaces or plastic.  Anybody got a good experience to share in getting it clean?

oldcarnut

Well I can tell ya don't use the goof off.  It didn't effect the automotive grade sprayed area much but it sure takes off anything from a spray can.  Gonna have to retouch up my upper dash pad and redo the one clear coated piece I used a can on instead of the high grade clear for bare metal. Most of the gauge trim and faces cleaned up ok with wax and grease remover on a soft rag

chapel40

Don Chapel