News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

AMD Hood Hinges any good?

Started by chargererik, October 26, 2017, 03:33:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chargererik

My OEM hood hinges are pretty worn out and I'm looking in the direction of aftermarket hood hinges. Are the OEM appearing AMD hood hinges (PART# 310-1468-P) Any good? Anyone that got experience with them? 

72Charger72

jlatessa

Before you "spring" for new hinges, try what worked for us
with sloppy hinges:

Using a 16 oz. hammer, position each "pin" on an anvil of sorts for a good base,
strike the pin head with increasing force until you feel the slop decreasing.

This will swell the pin diameter and also decrease the distance between the pin flanges.

Go from pin to pin this way until you are satisfied you have achieved the improvement needed.

Worked great on our 70 hinges.

Joe

randy73

Figured out who I used.

These guys rebuilt my hinges - http://www.sms-auto.com/

alfaitalia

They look great....but I've just sprung for a set of Fesler billet ones.....modified for more forward movement. Lots of cash but I've scrimped and saved on this whole project so I treated the Beast to some glamour...hopefully it will be worth it on something so visible with the hood up.
If I was going for a factory look I probably would have tried the above repair technique on the originals....I bet they are better quality than the after market replicas.
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you !!

green69rt

I seem to remember that all B body hood hinges are not the same.  The difference is in the spring.  Chargers (assume you have a charger) use a stiffer spring because the hood is longer and heavier.   If you buy new ones save the old ones so you can swap the springs.  Or you can get your original ones rebuilt by Resto Rick....

http://www.restorick.com/products.asp?cat=2

chargererik

Thanks fo the feedback. Managed to tight them up by some hammer massaging of the pins.

jlatessa