News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Ringbrothers ’69 Dodge Charger video: unveil and interview

Started by erlendch, October 31, 2017, 09:44:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

erlendch

Haters gonna hate, but I'm happy!

Thanks for the support and positive feedback from many of you. Ringbrothers was suggested by a member here, HPP, so big thumbs up to him or her. Thanks for watching! Sharing of the video is much appreciated.

https://youtu.be/8eSBrncI1RM

Kern Dog

The 68-70 Charger body is the absolute pinnacle of the Mopar cars and the American 2 door muscle car crowd. The lines were perfect from the beginning. All these people that think that they are improving on the design are sorely mistaken. I am no purist...If I see a flaw in any design, I am willing to accept a change or a modification. The 66-67 Chevelle is a beautiful design. The 68-72 looks fat and bloated by design and could use a stretch job to make the middle appear less thick. These cars though....The multiple sharp body lines, in essence a cockpit set over two halves of sharply edged fenders/quarter panels...It is just excellence in design.
How can you think that you can do it better? SHORTEN a Charger quarter panel? What ??? Move the front tires forward? Uh, no SIR, that is NOT an improvement. I can appreciate a narrowed bumper that fits with a closer gap. I like when "quality control" issues are addressed but the basic design needed NO help from these guys.
I think that the wheel choice is ugly too. People have bashed the Swedish Charger for the wheels being way too big. I think that car looks fine aside from the gigantic wheels. This car looks stubby with wheels  out of proportion in a similar way, only far worse.
These guys have bastardized Chevrolets for a long time, they should stick to modifying cars that are ugly in stock form, not trying to reinvent the wheel that was perfect to begin with.

6bblgt

am I understinding this correctly - you're planning to drive it, often -   AWESOME!

what's the average miles per year that a Ring Broither's car gets driven?

I'll see both of these "custom" Chargers later this week to get that "in person" perspective ..... but if you're driving it, you WIN!!  :2thumbs:

Mike DC

It's hard to know if the changes improved the dimensions or not because the video didn't give enough shots of the whole car.  It's mostly closeups.  

It looks like they were wise enough not to make major changes.  Customizers often have good ideas about the originals' weak spots but they make the changes way too severe.  

The whole project looks nice.  It's modernized without being too Foose-ified.  You definitely see some respect & love for the original car showing through.  

Stock-looking wheels?  Dark green paint?   Whoa.  I wouldn't have chosen those things but I respect the mindset they show.  

Q5XX29

Bravo! I think your car turned out TERRIFIC, and I love the wheels and color choice! I do hate it when people get too carried away making a classic into another, bastardized car altogether, but I feel that all of the work done on your car is very tasteful. Everybody falls somewhere on the spectrum with their preferences ranging from bone-stock to wild customization, so of course you're not going to please everybody, but good for you for building a quality project to YOUR taste, and that is awesome that you plan to actually put some miles on it!
dakota_gt on Instagram

darbgnik

Well I can see why they'd move the front wheels forward for better handling, and weight distribution via moving the engine further behind the front wheel center line, but what was gained from shortening the quarter panels?

And I kinda dig the wheels to be honest. High dollar fake steelies. They make 'em in 17"? lol That and the fact that it's green lends to the understated nature of a very extremely modified car. It's your car, and it seems like you're happy with the result, so awesome for you! Still looks like a Charger to me!
Brad

1970 Charger 500. Born a 318, AC, console auto, now 440/727
Build thread:  http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,127291.0.html

cbrestorations

i think the car was tastefully done, i wouldnt of lowered the rockers though. it kinda gives the car a billboard look from the side like the new challegers. all in all not bad. i bought a model car of a charger and tappered the rockers down in the front to give it a wedge shape without the ass end a mile in the air. looked really cool. i would like to try this on a real car someday

DAY CLONA

Other than the fugly looking steel wheels and dog dish caps and that putrid mundane F8 paint it's OK

alfaitalia

To my mind its....Ok.....nothing more. Kinda disappointing for a Ring Bros car. On one hand I love the Charger shape so its hard to improve on it......on the other hand, looking at their past cars I was expecting to be more outrageous and get the usual love/hate reactions. To me they went too tame. A regular guy with average car knowledge might walk past this in the street and think its just a clean Charger with big wheels. To me that's not what Ring cars are about. I want a car to be outrageous when It comes from these guys...I want them to push the limits of what's acceptable and possible. I might not like it but it pushes the envelope. The Charger is much too safe in my book both in the body work and the not far from stock interior.. If I had seen in in the street, unbadged, I would never have guessed it was from the Bros. And as for the colour....well its a personal choice......but IMO it does very little for the car. However, as said, as long as the owners happy that's all that really counts. :2thumbs:
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you !!

fizz

This is one guys vision of perfect, and even though I realize when you put it out like that for public display like that you are ASKING for scrutiny, I don't know how some of you pickers take your cars out of the garage, cause that cars worksmanship looks near perfect.
Used windsheilds, how cheap can I get my car painted,etc.  :blahblah: :puke:

JR

I'll say it again, I love it!

I would have gone with a more conventional HRE style of wheel if it were mine, but overall, I love it.

It's also probably the only case where alternating the stock bodylines paid off. These guys are fantastic.
70 Charger RT top bananna /68 Charger RT triple green

alfaitalia

Quote from: fizz on November 01, 2017, 07:31:45 AM
This is one guys vision of perfect, and even though I realize when you put it out like that for public display like that you are ASKING for scrutiny, I don't know how some of you pickers take your cars out of the garage, cause that cars worksmanship looks near perfect.
Used windsheilds, how cheap can I get my car painted,etc.  :blahblah: :puke:

I don't think any of us are doubting these guys skill and workmanship.....they build to a level the me (and my 69) can only dream of....we are just giving an opinion on what we think of the finished result. And, yes, to the guy who foot the bill I'm sure that its completely perfect (well I certainly hope having fronted all that wedge!!) . When I show on here mine I expect a lot of criticism...and I will take it like a man (I wont cry much I promise!) because I already know lots wont like it.....but one favourable comment will make it worthwhile....If you cant take the comments and the criticisms then don't put you car on an open forum!! 

redmist

I think it look awesome! I would trade my junk for that any day!

Beautiful car, I hope it puts smiles on your face "Miles" wide.    :2thumbs:  :cheers:
JUNKTRAVELER: all I've seen in this thread is a bunch of bullies and 3 guys that actually give a crap.

Aero426

Tastefully done.   I don't understand the wheelbase shift.   Front fenders look odd with all the metal behind the wheel.    It's almost impossible to improve the factory proportions.   Very nice interior.    I like the color choice and wheels.   

68RT440

I don't hate it, mostly because it's an altered version of a stock looking car. I'm not a fan of big silver bezels with rivet heads around everything like on their other builds...this is a little more subtle...
1968 Charger R/T, matching numbers 440/727, black with green top and interior, currently getting restored by me

alfaitalia

Listening again to the video....from what I understand the wheels are in fact NOT steel.......but alloy wheels machined to look like steel. Certainly that's what they imply.....am I wrong?

erlendch

Quote from: alfaitalia on November 01, 2017, 09:13:47 AM
Listening again to the video....from what I understand the wheels are in fact NOT steel.......but alloy wheels machined to look like steel. Certainly that's what they imply.....am I wrong?

Coffect! Alloy wheels made by HRE. Thanks for your comments!

igozumn

I love it!  For those that have said that it doesn't have all the usual, or fully modified bits and pieces as seen on other builds, I'm sure there is a price you pay for all that.  Plus, the owner of the car (erlendch), may not have wanted the "far out" special.  Sometimes less is more. 

Love, love, Luuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuve the green, the wheels and the vinyl top.   :drool5:

I'd drive it.   :drive:
A man walks into a psychiatrist's office wearing nothing but underpants made from saran wrap.  The psychiatrist says, "Well....I can clearly see your nuts...."

Offblue

I find myself often torn between things that are "shiny new" and "looks right", and to me some things on this charger don't sit well. On the one hand I love the professionalism in the work done to the car, it's quality work and for that they have my respect BUT I don't agree with their visualization of it, i don't like the tires (from afar they might be ok, but up close ... just no), trunk, all the plastic covering that comes with modern engines, as well as the paint (i'm not a green type person), but that's my personal preference. I love the crisp looking interior though and i'm not all that bothered by the seats and console.

Mike DC

QuoteTastefully done.   I don't understand the wheelbase shift.   Front fenders look odd with all the metal behind the wheel.    It's almost impossible to improve the factory proportions.   Very nice interior.    I like the color choice and wheels.  

The longish front overhang (of the stock Charger) seems like a Mopar thing.   The popular Ford & GM cars are mostly shorter there.  

Charger-Bodie

I like the care all but the wheel base increase. I supplied some parts for this car to the ring brothers. They are awesome guys.
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

funknut

Beautiful car for sure, congratulations!

I agree with a number of the other posters that they did a great job of keeping the spirit of the original car without going nuts on the outward appearance.  Nothing crazy or over the top there.  Interesting choice to shorten the rear.

Mopar Nut

"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

Kern Dog

Someone wrote elsewhere that with the front wheel openings moved forward, the car looks out of proportion like an Oldsmobile Toronado. Looking at the pictures again, the man has a point!

6bblgt