News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Ringbrothers ’69 Dodge Charger video: unveil and interview

Started by erlendch, October 31, 2017, 09:44:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Just 6T9 CHGR

I dig the trick Fratzog thumbscrews to hold the caps on.  They did a really nice job tastefully modifying the car where it still retains most of its classic lines....they killed these lines on that white one :rotz:

Good luck with the car & I'm sure you'll get plenty of SMILES per gallon. :thumbs:
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

XH29N0G

I prefer the original.  The white one, especially the fender, reminds me of my grandfather's 65 continental.  The wheel placement, exhaust on the green one make it look unusual.  The workmanship is incredible and they are nice cars, but I like what I grew up with.
Who in their right mind would say

"The science should not stand in the way of this."? 

Science is just observation and hypothesis.  Policy stands in the way.........

Or maybe it protects us. 

I suppose it depends on the specific case.....

Ponch ®

Im neither here nor there on it. The rear wheels look badass but the fronts look disporportionate and lack any depth. Ive noticed thats usually a problem w restomods and big wheels.

That white one...#puke. what in the actual f... did they do to the body lines.
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

Mike DC

I agree about the white one's body lines.  They took the famously "coke bottle" Charger and removed all the coke bottle lines.  Great plan.

Kern Dog

Again, doing something just to be different is strange to me. That white car eliminated a very iconic feature of these cars. Look at how that change affected the body line atop the quarter and fender? In stock form, those hard lines do not merge. The quarter ridge/line merges into the top of the door scallop. The fender ridge/line merges over it.
Someone mentioned a Ford Fairlane....That was a smart observation. They took a Charger and removed some beauty. That is like having a perfect wife, then shaving her head and having breast reduction.

VegasCharger

Quote from: Kern Dog on November 04, 2017, 11:55:37 PM
They took a Charger and removed some beauty. That is like having a perfect wife, then shaving her head and having breast reduction.

:smilielol: :smilielol:

JB400

Change just for the sake of changing it, isn't a good thing.

Jarven

I think the bodylines are really nicely done on this one. I talked to the builder about the roofline which I believe are now perfected. He explained that in his opinion the original roof line is a bit like looking at some dude with his cap drawn up on his forehead. He wanted it pulled down a bit. I think two inches were sectioned out and the a-pillars were tilted slightly.  This required new custom front windshield. Not cheap.. Bear in min that this build is done by a regular joe on his sparetime and with help of some good friends. Not the typical proffesional sema-material high-end build.

1969 Charger 440 RT/SE

Mytur Binsdirti

RCCDrew

The red car looks okay. IMO the amount of improvement was not worth the effort. And no vent windows? That's another thing that makes that a man's car. Those wheels.  :eek2:

alfaitalia

I'm guessing the bags/hydraulics have to push that up quite some way before it can even steer!! I actually quite like the wheels....the design of them that is......just need to be a few inches small in diameter to be practical! Wonder what size they actually are???
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you !!

Jarven

Quote from: Mytur Binsdirti on November 07, 2017, 06:31:41 AM

Quote from: Jarven on November 07, 2017, 04:55:33 AM
I think the bodylines are really nicely done on this one.

Quote from: ACUDANUT on November 07, 2017, 05:02:30 AM
Gangster ??

Ghetto glider.

Haha, is it that bad?! What do you think is wrong with the bodylines then? Just try and see beyond the wheels, I can understand those are not everyones cup of tea  :icon_smile_big:
1969 Charger 440 RT/SE

Jarven

Quote from: alfaitalia on November 07, 2017, 07:48:52 AM
I'm guessing the bags/hydraulics have to push that up quite some way before it can even steer!! I actually quite like the wheels....the design of them that is......just need to be a few inches small in diameter to be practical! Wonder what size they actually are???

It seems he has managed to keep it quite low even while driving it! Follow facebook link.. They are quite big yes. As I understand it the builder started this venture long ago and If I am not mistaken I believe he has mentioned that if he would do it again or start over he would have gone with a bit smaller diameter on the wheels. I am not sure about this so I could be wrong.

<iframe src="https://www.facebook.com/plugins/video.php?href=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2Fjohan.eriksson.1004837%2Fvideos%2F313908439088073%2F&show_text=0&width=476" width="476" height="476" style="border:none;overflow:hidden" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowTransparency="true" allowFullScreen="true"></iframe>
1969 Charger 440 RT/SE

70 sublime

Quote from: Jarven on November 07, 2017, 08:51:18 AM

It seems he has managed to keep it quite low even while driving it! Follow facebook link.. They are quite big yes. As I understand it the builder started this venture long ago and If I am not mistaken I believe he has mentioned that if he would do it again or start over he would have gone with a bit smaller diameter on the wheels. I am not sure about this so I could be wrong.

<iframe src="https://www.facebook.com/plugins/video.php?href=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2Fjohan.eriksson.1004837%2Fvideos%2F313908439088073%2F&show_text=0&width=476" width="476" height="476" style="border:none;overflow:hidden" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowTransparency="true" allowFullScreen="true"></iframe>

Did not look like that much fun to drive :(
next project 70 Charger FJ5 green

Jarven

How would you know that by looking at a crappy video while he is slowly cruising around the neighborhood?
His intention is to give it supercar-performance. if he will succed? Nobody knows, but I think he will.

http://www.poweredbyjohan.com/dodge-charger-rtr-68/

[/quote]

[/quote]
1969 Charger 440 RT/SE

bakerhillpins

I'm not a huge fan of the giant wheels, almost matchbox looking, but I like the car.  The other 68 on that site is very nice as well. I think it's been to Carlisle IIRC.

I think the bodylines are really nicely done on this one. I talked to the builder about the roofline which I believe are now perfected. He explained that in his opinion the original roof line is a bit like looking at some dude with his cap drawn up on his forehead. He wanted it pulled down a bit. I think two inches were sectioned out and the a-pillars were tilted slightly.  This required new custom front windshield. Not cheap.. Bear in min that this build is done by a regular joe on his sparetime and with help of some good friends. Not the typical proffesional sema-material high-end build.

One great wife (Life is good)
14 RAM 1500 5.7 Hemi Crew Cab (crap hauler)
69 Dodge Charger R/T, Q5, C6X, V1X, V88  (Life is WAY better)
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein
Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.
Science flies you to the moon, Religion flies you into buildings.

DAY CLONA

I think the bodylines are really nicely done on this one.

I'll agree for a custom the body lines and chopped top are nicely done, the wheels blow big time however in both size and appearance, a Daytona/C500 rear window plug/decklid would have really benefited the roof's new look/appearance making the upper portion sleeker, the current rear window just drops off distracting one's eye IMHO

70 sublime

Quote from: Jarven on November 07, 2017, 09:26:09 AM
How would you know that by looking at a crappy video while he is slowly cruising around the neighborhood?
His intention is to give it supercar-performance. if he will succed? Nobody knows, but I think he will.

http://www.poweredbyjohan.com/dodge-charger-rtr-68/

[/quote]
[/quote]

By watching the video it looks like the suspension is solid and the only bounce is from the rubber of the tires
next project 70 Charger FJ5 green

erlendch

I met Johan at SEMA. Good man! The wheels on his '68 are 24″x15,5″ in the back and 22"x11" in the front, with 295/30-22 front, 405/25-24 rear.

http://silentdmotorshow.com

alfaitalia

Quote from: erlendch on November 07, 2017, 11:26:38 AM

I met Johan at SEMA. Good man! The wheels on his '68 are 24″x15,5″ in the back and 22"x11" in the front, with 295/30-22 front, 405/25-24 rear.

http://silentdmotorshow.com

24 inch rims!! Yikes.....only had 22s on my companies Range Rover !
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you !!

Kern Dog

That red 68 is a beautiful can but all I can see when I look at it is those wheels. I like a larger wheel but they are way too big for me.

RCCDrew

Jarven

1969 Charger 440 RT/SE