News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Ringbrothers ’69 Dodge Charger video: unveil and interview

Started by erlendch, October 31, 2017, 09:44:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

erlendch

Johan writes on his web site 'The idea of the RT/R was to mix the original Mopar spirit with a bit of "Hot Wheels appearance"'. Although I'm not fan of the wheels myself, if that was the goal, then I must say he did well  :icon_smile_big:

I like the body modifications he did. Looks sinister!! And amazing craftsmanship from what I could tell.

6bblgt

405/25/24  :o more of a "muscle machines" flavor  :icon_smile_big: are sidepipes & a blower next?

VegasCharger

Jarven

Well, it seems like Jay Leno and Joe Biden liked it atleast  :2thumbs:
Pictures are from Johan's facebook page. Just recently updated.

1969 Charger 440 RT/SE

Mytur Binsdirti

Kern Dog

Joe friggin Biden ???  He is still around?
Stand UP, Chuck...... (Chuck is in a wheelchair....Joe sees this....) Uhhh, Sorry, Chuck! Hey, lets all stand up for CHUCK!

375instroke

Quote from: DAY CLONA on November 01, 2017, 04:31:36 AM
Other than the fugly looking steel wheels and dog dish caps and that putrid mundane F8 paint it's OK

Are they going to market those wheels and caps?  I need a set.

erlendch

Quote from: 375instroke on November 13, 2017, 01:28:37 PM
Quote from: DAY CLONA on November 01, 2017, 04:31:36 AM
Other than the fugly looking steel wheels and dog dish caps and that putrid mundane F8 paint it's OK

Are they going to market those wheels and caps?  I need a set.

I have no idea. The wheels came from HRE so you can call them ask. The hub caps were machined by Ringbrothers, so again you could check with them. There are also other providers offering alu wheels with steel wheel look, some can make it work with original hub cap (although if you want large wheels I think the original hub cap is going to look to small). Let me know how it goes and put up some pics once on  :popcrn:
Cheers!

jww426

The Ring Bros. are great. Talent oozes from their souls.
As an old fart, I like what they did on the green 69, it's badass, it's unique, but...
Giant wheels seem a bit of a fad. They ride rough, put strain on suspensions, and make cars look like Hot Wheels experimental prototypes that some designer thought was cool while tripping on LSD, espresso, and pounds of Hershey bars.

Lets keep the wheelbase and rockers of our Chargers the way they are!
Would you touch up the Mona Lisa?
Mess with Michelangelo's David? (Hmm..he might need a bit more Hemi in his manhood)
Geld Da Vinci's horse sculpture?
NOT.

Smiles everyone!
JWW
JWWIV

Ponch ®

Quote from: Jarven on November 07, 2017, 04:55:33 AM
I think the bodylines are really nicely done on this one. I talked to the builder about the roofline which I believe are now perfected. He explained that in his opinion the original roof line is a bit like looking at some dude with his cap drawn up on his forehead. He wanted it pulled down a bit. I think two inches were sectioned out and the a-pillars were tilted slightly.  This required new custom front windshield. Not cheap.. Bear in min that this build is done by a regular joe on his sparetime and with help of some good friends. Not the typical proffesional sema-material high-end build.

Im not entirely against big wheels on a classic, but the fit and styling have to be 100% on point (see: the Extreme Lee) to pull off the look, otherwise that's why they almost never work.

This? Seems like it's just going for the shock value.
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

erlendch

Quote from: Jarven on November 07, 2017, 04:55:33 AM
(see: the Extreme Lee) to pull off the look

Cool wheels! Does anyone know the size on these?

Kern Dog

The fronts were a 22x10, the rears were a 24x15.5......This I recall from the Mopar Action magazine article.

erlendch

Quote from: Kern Dog on November 14, 2017, 03:10:12 PM
The fronts were a 22x10, the rears were a 24x15.5......This I recall from the Mopar Action magazine article.

I meant on the Extreme Lee, attaching a picture now. I agree with Ponch ® that it is a good look, so just got curious what size those were.

Ponch ®

Quote from: erlendch on November 14, 2017, 03:13:03 PM

I meant on the Extreme Lee, attaching a picture now. I agree with Ponch ® that it is a good look, so just got curious what size those were.

Good question. the info has to be out there somewhere.

My eyeballing estimate tells me theyre 20's in the rear and 18/19's in the front.  Could be 22 and 20 respectively, but in my humble opinion that's as big as you can go on a classic before youre in CARtoon / Donk territory.

And again, its not just diameter...the backspacing, offset, design are HUGE.  I mean, have you seen those classic mopars with modern SRT wheels?  :puke:
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

erlendch

Quote from: Ponch ® on November 14, 2017, 03:20:17 PM
Quote from: erlendch on November 14, 2017, 03:13:03 PM

Good question. the info has to be out there somewhere.

My eyeballing estimate tells me theyre 20's in the rear and 18/19's in the front.  Could be 22 and 20 respectively, but in my humble opinion that's as big as you can go on a classic before youre in CARtoon / Donk territory.

And again, its not just diameter...the backspacing, offset, design are HUGE.  I mean, have you seen those classic mopars with modern SRT wheels? yuck.

Ok, yeah probably a bit smaller but hard to guess from just a photo. Mines are 19' both front and rear for reference, but my wheel wells are opened a bit too.