News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

What is the difference in these discharge nozzles?

Started by Paul G, October 31, 2017, 10:10:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul G

What are the performance differences in these different style squirters?

AED calls these straight

Holley calls these "tube type"

Holley calls these "anti pullover"
1972 Charger Topper Special, 360ci, 46RH OD trans, 8 3/4 sure grip with 3.91 gear, 14.93@92 mph.
1973 Charger Rallye, 4 speed, muscle rat. Whatever engine right now?

Mopars Unlimited of Arizona

http://www.moparsaz.com/#

c00nhunterjoe

Not much difference in my opinion, especially on a street car. But given those options, i prefer the tube style because it directs the spray a touch closer to the blades for atomozation purposes. But that is still just my opinion as i have seen no difference in them.

Paul G

Do you mean the ones Holley calls tube style? Or the AED ones that actually have little tubes?
1972 Charger Topper Special, 360ci, 46RH OD trans, 8 3/4 sure grip with 3.91 gear, 14.93@92 mph.
1973 Charger Rallye, 4 speed, muscle rat. Whatever engine right now?

Mopars Unlimited of Arizona

http://www.moparsaz.com/#

c00nhunterjoe

XH29N0G

I haven't inspected them much in operation, but I have both of the top two types and have not notice anything obvious in how they operate.  I assume if I spent a long time looking and filming them in operation that I would see a difference, but so far I have not see it.  I will be interested to see if someone has done a test and can explain how they operate differently and one is better than another in a given situation. My guess is that the size of the nozzle matters a whole lot more than the difference in their ability to aim.  BUT I could be completely wrong, too.
Who in their right mind would say

"The science should not stand in the way of this."? 

Science is just observation and hypothesis.  Policy stands in the way.........

Or maybe it protects us. 

I suppose it depends on the specific case.....

c00nhunterjoe

The reality is any design will work as long as it is the correct shot size for your application. The style is personal preference in my opinion.

Bronzedodge

The anti-pullover design is usually used in Holley 4165 series carburetors that have lightweight check valves under the pump nozzles.  If the accelerator pump discharge check needle or ball is missing, fuel can be siphoned out of the standard nozzles by airflow past the nozzles at higher rpm.
Mopar forever!

BSB67

They all have check valves/balls.  But you are correct in their function.  The antipull over is better suited for the stronger "pullover" signal from the 4165/4175 carbs.

500" NA, Eddy head, pump gas, exhaust manifold with 2 1/2 exhaust with tailpipes
4150 lbs with driver, 3.23 gear, stock converter
11.68 @ 120.2 mph