News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Hellcat VS Corvette video

Started by Kern Dog, November 01, 2017, 03:34:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kern Dog

70 sublime

I like when he said here kitty kitty but then it did not turn out so well  :2thumbs:
Looked like an older guy driving Hellcat also  ;)
next project 70 Charger FJ5 green

birdsandbees

Thanks for the morning smile, MOPAR making fools of Chevy owners for decades.
1970 'Bird RM23UOA170163
1969 'Bee WM21H9A230241
1969 Dart Swinger LM23P9B190885
1967 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S
1966 Plymouth Satellite HP2 - 9941 original miles
1964 Dodge 440 62422504487

charger_fan_4ever

Awesome!

Anyone else notice he looked a bit like the driver of the famous 68 in bullit lol.

Q5XX29

dakota_gt on Instagram

alfaitalia

He's driving a more powerful car on a nearly straight road.....it's not really a surprise he can pull away from from the 'vette. Now let's put them on nice twisty race track where driver skill comes in and see if he can still take advantage of his extra power there. Nothing I enjoy more than beating rich kids in their expensive cars at our local track in my old Mercedes on track days. To be honest I think they are mostly just too scared of damaging them.....I'm not so worried about that in a three grand car! I'm not claiming to be the next Lewis Hamilton (mainly because I'm nearly 51!) but some of them are hopeless....makes you wander why they bought a flash car they can't really drive...apart from the obvious dick substitute. They come flying past on the straights then crawl around the corners... lol.
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you !!

Bobs69

Kern Dog

Quote from: alfaitalia on November 01, 2017, 02:01:37 PM
He's driving a more powerful car on a nearly straight road.....it's not really a surprise he can pull away from from the 'vette. Now let's put them on nice twisty race track where driver skill comes in and see if he can still take advantage of his extra power there.

Normally I like your posts and agree with what you write but look at what these two cars are. The Corvette has always been a 2 seat, RWD "sports" car by the American definition. The Challenger was originally marketed as a "Pony-Car" in the same manner that the Mustang was. Long hood, short deck, V8 and RWD. The LC model Challenger for 2008 to present was never intended to compete with a fiberglass body 2 door car. The Challenger is more comparable to the late model Camaro, Mustang and Cadillac CTS crowd. The goal for the LC Challenger has not been road course fodder for cars that weigh 900 lbs less. This car is in a class by itself. If you want to compare these two on a road course, you might as well compare trunk space, rear seat passenger comfort and retro-style cues, 3 things that the current Corvette never was intended to have.
The video was taken on a fairly straight road to show how a couple of cars compare in a real world environment. Take it for what it is.

alfaitalia

Fair enough.... horses for courses! Where we have very little in the way of straight roads. (Roman built bits excepted!) cars over here (and Europe in general) have always been judged as an all round package and drag racing has played very little in our car history. So that's why we consider the "best" and quickest cars to be the ones that handle best as well as accelerate fast. That's why the time round the Nurburgring sell more cars here that its quarter mile time. And also why older US cars never sold in numbers here....to soft and wayward in the handling stakes for our tastes.
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you !!

Kern Dog

Oh, I understand. The vast expanse of America makes all kinds of racing possible. The interstate highway system here features an almost impossible number of miles of arrow straight paved roads. Drag racing was a natural thing for this country!
While I am not a big fan of it, lots of Americans are. I do prefer a car that can do more than haul ass. I also like a car with more than just 2 seats.

kokxville

1969 Charger R/T 4 speed A33 Track Pack.
1967 Dodge a108 360 Magnum. Daily driver
1969 Dodge Charger"the car you can take your kids in to school on a friday,go shopping on a saturday,dragrace on a sunday and go to work on monday"

Canadian1968

I just like how humble he is after walking all over the Vette!  " yours is nice to..... " lol

Moeggenpar

69wannabe

I love their reaction to getting smoked!! That's the moment when you knew you messed up  :yesnod: Here kitty kitty LOL
Nothing like having 700hp at your disposable.....