News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

best cam to wake up a stock 440

Started by jwells1993, November 01, 2017, 02:46:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jwells1993

got a 440 out a 77 van camper 40k on it i pulled it apart and its really clean inside im planning on throwing it back together and running it like that but id like to run a new cam and a new intake and carb not really lookin at spending alot of coin due to talks of furlough at my work so just want your guys opinions on a decent cam thank you
keep on keepin on

BSB67

I would call Dwayne Porter.  Be very clear on what you have, and what you want, and he'll get you what is best.

If I was picking a cam based on what I think you are looking for, I would consider a newer style cam lobe ( like a Comp HE) that is similar to the factory cam, but with a tighter LSA.  In the 262° to 268° degrees on the intake.   Keep the factory intake manifold :Twocents:

500" NA, Eddy head, pump gas, exhaust manifold with 2 1/2 exhaust with tailpipes
4150 lbs with driver, 3.23 gear, stock converter
11.68 @ 120.2 mph

charger_fan_4ever

With a low comp 440 you dont want a cam thats going to blled off to much cylinder pressure as you already are lacking.

Very few can actually pic a cam thats best for your set up. Its not just about lift #s vs cyl head flow. You probably know this. There are some cam gurus that for a small fee you send them your set up right down to gear and tire size and they will pick a cam. Well spent $ as a cam usually is the make it or break it piece.

68X426

Best cam choice is an on-going job with real income and money in the bank.

Just looking out for you.  :angel:

The 12 Scariest Words in the English Language:
We are Here from The Government and
We Want to Help You.

1968 Plymouth Road Runner, Hemi and much more
2013 Dodge Challenger RT, Hemi, Plum Crazy
2014 Ram 4x4 Hemi, Deep Cherry Pearl
1968 Dodge Charger, 318, not much else
1958 Dodge Pick Up, 383, loud
1966 Dodge Van, /6, slow

68X426

The 12 Scariest Words in the English Language:
We are Here from The Government and
We Want to Help You.

1968 Plymouth Road Runner, Hemi and much more
2013 Dodge Challenger RT, Hemi, Plum Crazy
2014 Ram 4x4 Hemi, Deep Cherry Pearl
1968 Dodge Charger, 318, not much else
1958 Dodge Pick Up, 383, loud
1966 Dodge Van, /6, slow

jwells1993

so sound like it would just be the better option to just run the stock cam cause its not really gonna help as far as a pick me up thanks for the answers

keep on keepin on