News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

How-to: Head liner retainer clips

Started by green69rt, November 03, 2017, 11:40:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

green69rt

I've seen some notes around about these clips so heres a short note about them.   The rear of the head liner is glued to and supported by these toothy things called head liner retainers.  There are three pieces, one each at the top and each side or the rear window.  Pic #1 shows one of the side pieces.

The clips that hold the retainers in place look like Pic #2 and #3.  This shows them new BEFORE installed in the car.  They are not usually removed when the car is stripped.  So before you buy any look to see if yours are still there.  Six across the top and three down each side.

Pic #4 shows what a clip looks like AFTER it is installed.  All you do is insert the little end into the mounting hole and squeeze the big end flaps together with a pair of plyers.

Pic #5 shows the clip installed.  

Now align the retainer with the clips and rotate the clip in the hole with the plyers so it is across the retainer opening. Pic #6.

When you're done it should look like this.  Pic #7.

If you are missing any of these clips you can get them here....
http://www.rtspecialties.net/proddetail.asp?prod=1000234

Hope this helps someone.

pipeliner

john108

I was missing one and just used a nut and bolt.