News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

XX29J9B217202 on ebag

Started by charger_fan_4ever, November 06, 2017, 12:18:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

charger_fan_4ever

birdsandbees

Can't believe, especially on a Hemi, they left out an engine compartment shot!  :scratchchin:
1970 'Bird RM23UOA170163
1969 'Bee WM21H9A230241
1969 Dart Swinger LM23P9B190885
1967 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S
1966 Plymouth Satellite HP2 - 9941 original miles
1964 Dodge 440 62422504487

alfaitalia

That car has been listed before....and with a colour like that it could take a couple more listing before it finds a buyer imo. I know colour is a very personal thing but I could not live with that baby crap brown shade!
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you !!

charger_fan_4ever

Quote from: alfaitalia on November 06, 2017, 02:26:05 PM
That car has been listed before....and with a colour like that it could take a couple more listing before it finds a buyer imo. I know colour is a very personal thing but I could not live with that baby crap brown shade!

All depends i guess on preference. Id take bronze or F8 green over B5 blue any day. Ofcourse i ended up with a B5 70 r/t, but im taking care of the colour problem lol
Im partial to the C500 so id take it in any color especially a hemi with a stick!

Seeing all these 440 r/t cars for 70-80k(who knows if they actually sell) makes this c500 seem like a deal.

alfaitalia

That's true enough....but since it didn't sell last time it makes you wonder if it looks so good in the tin.
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you !!

charger_fan_4ever

Quote from: alfaitalia on November 06, 2017, 02:40:52 PM
That's true enough....but since it didn't sell last time it makes you wonder if it looks so good in the tin.

I didnt do any research on the VIN # so who knows maybe a shady past. Out of my price range unless we sell the house and live in the car lol.(i wish)

Board members old f8 hemi C500 4 speed thats being flipped on ebay was a no sale at i believe 125k. Super clean history no dramma car. I guess C500s just dont get as much love as the other two aeros.

A383Wing

seller canceled the auction, also was stated non-matching numbers car.....

if I had the $$, I would buy it

moparstuart

Quote from: A383Wing on November 06, 2017, 03:37:28 PM
seller canceled the auction, also was stated non-matching numbers car.....

if I had the $$, I would buy it
car had its problems but like you i love it and would buy it in a heartbeat if I had the cash
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Moparpoolman

Homerr? no info on your list for this one.  :shruggy:   I have a source that this may be an original auto car that was converted.   

rob-dirt

This listing was ended by the seller because the item is no longer available   

good deals dont last long  ;)

440mop

Yes, it was an auto.
I eventually got a photo of the fender tag, it has D21 and A32 on it!!!
John
440 4spd Daytona - Sold
Auckland New Zealand

6bblgt

Quote from: 440mop on November 07, 2017, 01:04:30 AM
Yes, it was an auto.
John

those 2 don't belong on the same '69 tag

hemi68charger

Not a big fan of the color, but some nice chrome 15x7 Magnum 500's would brighten it up some.......

Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

70 sublime

Quote from: charger_fan_4ever on November 06, 2017, 02:46:23 PM
Quote from: alfaitalia on November 06, 2017, 02:40:52 PM

I didnt do any research on the VIN # so who knows maybe a shady past. Out of my price range unless we sell the house and live in the car lol.(i wish)

Board members old f8 hemi C500 4 speed thats being flipped on ebay was a no sale at i believe 125k. Super clean history no dramma car. I guess C500s just dont get as much love as the other two aeros.

I think the green hemi C500 did sell for $125 K
Just out of curiosity I watched the auction end and the last bidder bid a second time and price jumped to $125K and looked like it sold
As long as it was not sellers buddy bidding :)
Will be watching to see if it gets relisted 
next project 70 Charger FJ5 green

charger_fan_4ever

Quote from: 6bblgt on November 07, 2017, 01:16:25 AM
Quote from: 440mop on November 07, 2017, 01:04:30 AM
Yes, it was an auto.
John

those 2 don't belong on the same '69 tag

Could you educate the non savy ? So i derived from the above its a bogus fender tag. Just curious what those 2 codes are and why cant they both be on a 69 car ?

Teach me something new today lol

Aero426

Quote from: charger_fan_4ever on November 07, 2017, 09:33:07 AM

Could you educate the non savy ? So i derived from the above its a bogus fender tag. Just curious what those 2 codes are and why cant they both be on a 69 car ?

Teach me something new today lol

The D21 4-speed was not available with the A32 axle package.      That is a mistake on the tag.   

maxwellwedge

A32 is the 4:10 Dana rear....with automatic trans.
A34 would be the 4:10 Dana rear with 4-speed.
This is a 69-70 thing.

charger_fan_4ever

Thanks guys.

Ugh to think someone was so anal at some point, and felt they needed to have a fake tag done cause they put a 4 speed in an auto car.

Did they think the mopar gods would crucify them for doing this lol ? geez.

IMO a well done 4 speed swap would not take away any value maybe even add value in a case of a column auto car.

maxwellwedge

On a 318 car I would agree....but on any Hemi car - which are much rarer and expensive...it is a price/value killer.

tan top

Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

Aero426

Quote from: charger_fan_4ever on November 07, 2017, 04:42:47 PM
Thanks guys.

Ugh to think someone was so anal at some point, and felt they needed to have a fake tag done cause they put a 4 speed in an auto car.

IMO a well done 4 speed swap would not take away any value maybe even add value in a case of a column auto car.

An incorrect reproduction tag is probably worse than no tag at all when it its discovered.   

moparstuart

Quote from: Aero426 on November 08, 2017, 03:54:47 PM
Quote from: charger_fan_4ever on November 07, 2017, 04:42:47 PM
Thanks guys.

An incorrect reproduction tag is probably worse than no tag at all when it its discovered.   
good news is the former owner has a rubbing of the original tag  in that other thread 
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

440mop

Looks like it's still available on their website, hasn't been flagged as sold or appear in their sold inventory section.
John
440 4spd Daytona - Sold
Auckland New Zealand

A383Wing

The eBay seller probably cancelled the auction because he may have been flooded with calls and emails about the car