News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Anybody have issues with Dyno Max ultra flow mufflers?

Started by Back N Black, November 07, 2017, 04:53:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Back N Black

I have the Dyno Max ultra flow welded mufflers on my charger and it sounds like both mufflers are blown, it sounds like a tin can rattling in the mufflers. The mufflers has 12,000 miles on them.

BSB67

My  :Twocents:

None of the aftermarket hi performance mufflers are really built that good, IMO.  Although not Ultra Flows, I have had 2 separate occasions where DynoMax mufflers have failed internally.  Both times it suck a bunch of power and you could not tell by sound or your butt meter.

One could logically argue that there really isn't much to fail in an Ultra Flow due to its straight through design, but I would still change them out at either 10,000 mi or 4 years, whether they need it or not.

500" NA, Eddy head, pump gas, exhaust manifold with 2 1/2 exhaust with tailpipes
4150 lbs with driver, 3.23 gear, stock converter
11.68 @ 120.2 mph

c00nhunterjoe

Take them off and check for a broken tube. As russ said, there isnt much to the design of an ultraflo.

Brass

I had that happen to one.  It had well over 10K miles on it.  

alfaitalia

10000 miles ?.....I would not be using any exhaust component that only lasted that few clicks of street use. If you regularly race it might justify its short life.....but even then its not great.
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you !!

BSB67

Quote from: alfaitalia on November 08, 2017, 02:53:25 PM
10000 miles ?.....I would not be using any exhaust component that only lasted that few clicks of street use. If you regularly race it might justify its short life.....but even then its not great.

What do you use?

500" NA, Eddy head, pump gas, exhaust manifold with 2 1/2 exhaust with tailpipes
4150 lbs with driver, 3.23 gear, stock converter
11.68 @ 120.2 mph

alfaitalia

Quote from: BSB67 on November 08, 2017, 04:11:08 PM
Quote from: alfaitalia on November 08, 2017, 02:53:25 PM

What do you use?

To be honest I don't actually know the brand but I get all my exhausts custom made in stainless (headers back) by these guys ....even my DD Mercedes CLK has one. Pretty much straight through with high flow cats. Sounds great!

https://www.powerflowexhausts.co.uk

I'm guessing they buy there silencers (mufflers as you say) in from somewhere rather than build them...but I don't know the source. They will make my Charger pipes....eventually....hopefully somewhen next year! :2thumbs:

c00nhunterjoe

I live in the rust belt... my aftermarlet mufflers dont last more then a few years before rotting out. The liquid brine they spray here eats stainless like normal metal.

alfaitalia

That's usually a sign of poor quality stainless. The good stuff lasts years even on boat's where they are exposed to salt every day.

Just 6T9 CHGR

I am running them since 2012 with no issues as of yet....  about 6k miles on them...
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

c00nhunterjoe

Quote from: alfaitalia on November 08, 2017, 06:06:23 PM
That's usually a sign of poor quality stainless. The good stuff lasts years even on boat's where they are exposed to salt every day.

That may be, but its not just my vehicles, its every one that comes through my doors, so its not limited to 1 brand, make or model.