News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Kibbe and Finnegan mention dodgecharger.com

Started by richf, November 09, 2017, 10:19:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

richf

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=in_rlSjkfhQ

At 30:00 in a listener asks about forums vs social media, and Robert Kibbe name drops dodgecharger.com briefly
1968 Charger 318/904 project
1985 Suzuki Madura GV700
2007 Ford Crown Victoria P71

Poor college student

Lennard

That's cause it's the best car forum on the web. :2thumbs:

68X426

The 12 Scariest Words in the English Language:
We are Here from The Government and
We Want to Help You.

1968 Plymouth Road Runner, Hemi and much more
2013 Dodge Challenger RT, Hemi, Plum Crazy
2014 Ram 4x4 Hemi, Deep Cherry Pearl
1968 Dodge Charger, 318, not much else
1958 Dodge Pick Up, 383, loud
1966 Dodge Van, /6, slow

Troy

It's interesting to note that they bring up the same thoughts that I have: everyone seems to be on social media and the groups are active and fast (and you can upload pictures without having more than 2 brain cells) BUUUUUUUT searching for old posts or "how to" threads is nonexistent. The value of forums is in cataloguing and sharing specific knowledge that may otherwise be lost. I belong to several Gacebook groups and it's maddening how many times I've come across some really great tidbit of information only to lose it completely withing a week when I get back to my garage and need it. I've been screenshotting everything but now I have several hundred disorganized images to plow through and that is unsustainable.

So, that's a bit of information for people who argue that forums are dead but can't explain to me why our traffic hasn't dropped off at all. People still come and read but it's more of a drive-by than sticking around and meeting new friends. Which is really a shame.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

Lennard

Quote from: Troy on November 18, 2017, 11:41:17 AM
People still come and read but it's more of a drive-by than sticking around and meeting new friends. Which is really a shame.

Troy

That's a sign of the time. People used to visit other people to find out how they are doing. Nowadays you just send them a text message.

Troy

Quote from: Lennard on November 18, 2017, 11:49:30 AM
People still come and read but it's more of a drive-by than sticking around and meeting new friends. Which is really a shame.

Troy

That's a sign of the time. People used to visit other people to find out how they are doing. Nowadays you just send them a text message.
True! Or a letter. Of course, that means you have to write coherent sentences...

I have found that I'm less likely to visit friends because I already know every detail of their life and we'd have nothing to talk about. :)

Funny thing is most of my Facebook friends are either family, people from web forums, or people I play sports with.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

Lennard

I don't have Fakebook and I don't do social media. Not my thing.

alfaitalia

....same here.....but I might be about the last person without a Facebook account in the UK!! When I tell folk here that I don't have an FB page they look at me like I've just landed from another planet!!! (Whereas in fact I've been on this planet for several years now!) :lol:
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you !!

alenglish

It's interesting to note that they bring up the same thoughts that I have: everyone seems to be on social media and the groups are active and fast (and you can upload pictures without having more than 2 brain cells) BUUUUUUUT searching for old posts or "how to" threads is nonexistent. The value of forums is in cataloguing and sharing specific knowledge that may otherwise be lost. I belong to several Gacebook groups and it's maddening how many times I've come across some really great tidbit of information only to lose it completely withing a week when I get back to my garage and need it. I've been screenshotting everything but now I have several hundred disorganized images to plow through and that is unsustainable.

So, that's a bit of information for people who argue that forums are dead but can't explain to me why our traffic hasn't dropped off at all. People still come and read but it's more of a drive-by than sticking around and meeting new friends. Which is really a shame.

Troy
Thanks Troy some of us will be here forever,or a close as we can get   BigAl

>You only need two tools: WD-40 and Duct Tape.  If it doesn't move
>and should, use the WD-40. If it shouldn't move and does, use the duct
tape.
>

tan top

Quote from: alfaitalia on November 18, 2017, 12:46:16 PM
....same here.....but I might be about the last person without a Facebook account in the UK!! When I tell folk here that I don't have an FB page they look at me like I've just landed from another planet!!! (Whereas in fact I've been on this planet for several years now!) :lol:
Quote from: Lennard on November 18, 2017, 12:11:42 PM
I don't have Fakebook and I don't do social media. Not my thing.

don't do face book either ,   the few times I've looked on there  , seen ( with out joining )  thousands of old back in the day mopar pictures , but its soo confusing imo , lot of people talk rubbish , post stupid pictures & stuff  ( well to me anyways , maybe its a age thing ) face book has its place if your into that sort of stuff , but  for any sensible conversation about  a particular hobby  , interest etc a dedicate forum , is the way to go , & will be always IMO

:Twocents: ;)

Quote from: Lennard on November 09, 2017, 10:51:10 PM
That's cause it's the best car forum on the web. :2thumbs:

:iagree:   :cheers: :2thumbs:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html